Thread: Unbelievable Stupidity #2

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Unbelievable Stupidity #2

Let me get this straight. The US auto industry is in the mother of all slumps. Barry has given GM and Chrysler a whole pile of our money since we cant let the auto industry fail. As a condition of the gift he has taken control of the management along with the labor unions.

The labor unions will at some point have to renegotiate their contracts with GM and Chrysler. Isn't this the equivalent of fill in the blank____________
    How will the taxpayer be repaid for our enforced largess? We will be forced to drive lawn mowers with an extra seat. We will pay a lot more money for a lot less transportation. In a few years the auto companies that climb into bed with the government will really go belly up because no one will want to buy the crap that they will be forced to manufacture.

Way to go, Barry!
    Last edited by hcjilson; 05-21-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: removed objectional term

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I've got one better for you, Give a $100,000 corporate tax break on all cars weighing over 7000lbs and get half the redneck population to drive a hummer so that we can go spend a trillion dollars and 5K american lives to make sure we have enough gas pumps to fill the hummers.

$100,000 tax break per car.
    $1 trillion for the gas stations.
    1 wasted lost life priceless.

Add it up see if it comes out to how much GM and Chrysler are being given, then ask yourself why didnt I post "unbelievable stupidity" when the other side was doing thier part?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I've got one better for you, Give a $100,000 corporate tax break on all cars weighing over 7000lbs and get half the redneck population to drive a hummer so that we can go spend a trillion dollars and 5K american lives to make sure we have enough gas pumps to fill the hummers.

Sorry, us rednecks dont really like hummers, we like pickup trucks :bbg: but if we are forced into these small cars, how would a family of six like myself ever be able to go anyplace together?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Don't worry, its a hybrid!:D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Amen, Marine!
    Master Sergeant, USAF (Ret.)
    TITLETOWN USA
    Valdosta, Georgia
    :cheers:

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Sorry, us rednecks dont really like hummers, we like pickup trucks :bbg: but if we are forced into these small cars, how would a family of six like myself ever be able to go anyplace together?
    I also have a family of six, No one is forcing you into smaller cars... Just asking the manufacturers to produce something mroe efficient.

There is tension between us and almost every oil producing country in the world, why should we care or make it our business when chavez goes off the deep end or Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq decide to flex thier muscles? and to top it off the countries that dont have oil, lobby our government for billions a year to allow us to use thier lands to protect our interest in the area.

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    braheem,

no body is complaining about the development of fuel efficent drive trains as long as we are still permitted to make a choice. The problem is government control of a "free" industry. When has the government ever produced anything? When has the government ever done anything right? (1776 perhaps) Communist russia failed because of government control of industry not any other political reason.

as far af freeing ourselves from foreign oil raise the price of gas, and then lower the price of fuel efficent cars. My dads brand new '71 chevy impala cost 1/8 the cost of a new chevy aero and 1/12 of his 2000 impala. Why? the price of cars has increased like no other commodity. oweing to the factors of government involvement and union over pricing labor and legacy costs.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In that vein, let me tell y'all a little story... My Grandfather came to this country from Finland at the age of 12. As a young adult, in the 1920's, he worked for Ford in Upstate New York. Ford solicited Finnish-speaking workers to go abroad and train workers for their new factory in Soviet Kyrelia, in the Russo-Finnish region. Russian communism was the "IN-Thing" among many immigrant populations at that time so he took his wife with him to Kyrelia to "help build the Peoples Paradise." When they got there the conditions were appalling and he was vocal about it. Stalin's people took notice of this young "counter-revolutionary" and word got to Grandpa one night that they were coming for him the next day. My Grandmother had a relative in the passport office and pleaded for Exit Visa stamps so they could get out. They escaped on a train to Warsaw, Poland and returned to New York. After that near "brush with death" he became an informant who pointed-out communists in the Finnish community to our authorities. Those subversives were returned to their Homeland where they couldn't harm us anymore. Don't believe the whitewashed history in the history books written by left-leaning Americans. There were indeed people her trying to undermine our society to "bring the Revolution" to our shores. It now seems that "they" have never stopped working and they're "licking their lips in anticipation" of finally achieving their ends. Folks, there is nowhere left to go! It's time to stand, resist, and halt this nonsense! Read what happened to the Americans that were trapped in Kyrelia in the late 1920 and early 30's and you'll see what's coming our way.
    Master Sergeant, USAF (Ret.)
    TITLETOWN USA
    Valdosta, Georgia
    :cheers:

Banned
    Occupation
    If it were not for government regulations on the automakers, I bet we'd have a more efficient design motor by now. The internal combustion engine was invented long, long ago and is very, very inefficient. As it is, it's probably all we will ever have.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    braheem,

no body is complaining about the development of fuel efficent drive trains as long as we are still permitted to make a choice.
    I agree, we SHOULD be able to make a choice buy anything we want but when you buy a 10mpg car you should pay for the lives it's costing to fuel it not get a tax break!

My question is where were all the great minds and analyzers for the past 8 years? Did they decide to allow someone to throw away the country and keep quiet because of party affiliation or did they just wake up?

I have nothing against other opinion, just dont be a hippocrit in the application your opinion.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by braheem24 View Post
    I agree, we SHOULD be able to make a choice buy anything we want but when you buy a 10mpg car you should pay for the lives it's costing to fuel it not get a tax break!

My question is where were all the great minds and analyzers for the past 8 years? Did they decide to allow someone to throw away the country and keep quiet because of party affiliation or did they just wake up?

I have nothing against other opinion, just dont be a hippocrit in the application your opinion.
    I'm sorry I forgot the war was all about the oil.! not the lives lost to terrorism and the regiems that support it.

Occupation
    Maybe you can get it from the horse's mouth somewhere online, they attacked because the U.S. was on "thier" soil.

I'll let you answer the only question left...

The U.S. was on thier soil for what reason?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by braheem24 View Post
    Maybe you can get it from the horse's mouth somewhere online, they attacked because the U.S. was on "thier" soil.

I'll let you answer the only question left...

The U.S. was on thier soil for what reason?

since the horse speaks arabic I won't be able to read any of the true uncensored reasons. However nothing can justify an attack on civilian targets, or an attack on a millitary target using civilian mass transport.

We buy oil from countries who sell it to us.

Nowhere pre 9/11 was our millitary an occupying force. our millitary presence was via treaties with the ruling governments not force, someone asked us to be there or we asked and were granted permision. The Military maintains global bases for fast response at need both for defense and relief efforts.

Thread Information