Occupation
    Optical Retail

double seg executives???

any source for these in cr39 anywhere?

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Even single seg. Exeutives are disapearing.

Chip

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    excel has a pair of glass but after they are gone they said thats it

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    You can get double segs in round, ft28 and ft-35.
    If he's so set in his ways, ask him if he only shoots muzzle-loaders, as they're contemporaries of the double exec. I'm sure he's modernized his weapons, time to modernize his optics.
    Especially since they're not manufactured anymore.

Maybe you could get Jacqui to make you some custom double-seg Franklins. Of course it will be mucho denaro , but I'm sure he won't mind paying a grand to get what he wants. He probably has more than that in his weapons. Of course they will have the impact resistance of a piece of cardboard but....
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    lol, ive already fitted him with occupational 35's and he didnt care for them a bit. and yes, he's got a pretty penny in his weapons.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by hardineyewear View Post
    lol, ive already fitted him with occupational 35's and he didnt care for them a bit. and yes, he's got a pretty penny in his weapons.

Have you proven to him that there's actually no way he can use all the exec off to the side. His eyes won't move that far and then his nose will get in the way of binocular vision. Besides, isn't he just looking straight? What does he think he needs the extra room for?
    Or is he just being cantankerous?
    Either way he's SOL.:D
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is a local lab here that digitally surfaces specialty and freeform lenses. They can do a double seg on the back that is blended or with a hard line. The segments are curved but they have the freedom to make a wide swath reducing the bend of the curve. American Vision 877-280-5227. Ask for Jason; he understands how to do it.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by joptician View Post
    There is a local lab here that digitally surfaces specialty and freeform lenses. They can do a double seg on the back that is blended or with a hard line.
    A hard line on the back? I'm not sure that is "digital". Sounds like something Harry C would do in his spare time.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcE View Post
    A hard line on the back? I'm not sure that is "digital". Sounds like something Harry C would do in his spare time.

I too like you was once misinformed regarding the "digital" process. Digital does not just mean smooth. Digital has to do with the precise control of individual points. Think of a topographical map; a lens could have mountains or valleys, hills or flatlands or maybe even rolling meadows. So, yes a digital lens can have a hard line as easily as it can have a smooth line if sporting a segment. I have had the tour and seen the equipment in action as well as spent time with the technical from the lab and design team.

Maybe its time that someone with accurate knowledge of digital and freeform step up to the plate and dispel the marketing hype coming from the larger companies. Or, would anyone believe the information if it did not come from one of these companies.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Epic Labs should be able to help. Their number is 877-374-2522

Bill

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, yes a digital lens can have a hard line as easily as it can have a smooth line if sporting a segment. I have had the tour and seen the equipment in action as well as spent time with the technical from the lab and design team.
    I haven't done any surfacing, so I may not be the smartest on this issue, but how do you polish the back surface of a lens with a 4mm high ledge on the back side?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by hardineyewear View Post
    any source for these in cr39 anywhere?
    Jurassic Executives...let me guess, the customers also wants them edged into a 62mm metal aviator?

If you happen to find them, make sure you have a buffer in the price to include a neck brace.:)

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    There is a local lab here that digitally surfaces specialty and freeform lenses. They can do a double seg on the back that is blended or with a hard line. The segments are curved but they have the freedom to make a wide swath reducing the bend of the curve. American Vision 877-280-5227. Ask for Jason; he understands how to do it.
    Hard lines won't work on freeform because the polisher would remove them. What they may be doing is using a very short blend that looks almost like a ledge. Double segs wouldn't be hard, I think the DAC software can accomplish this with a very wide Ultex style seg.

Franklins may be a possibility, I've done it. There would be two problems with them: 1. They cannot be safty approved, because of the glue line. 2. The cost is 1.5x's the cost of Franklin bifocals

Bill M. Epic isn't the only lab that does this kind of work. It's my specialty. ;) ;)

Thread Information