Thread: car/booster seats ???

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

car/booster seats ???

I have a four-year old boy that is tall, but weighs under 40 lbs. It's time to move on to a booster seat for the car. Has anyone had any experiences w/ booster seats they'd like to share. Hopefully none have been tested in a crash. But comments like how do they install, are they easy to nap in, do they have activity trqays, etc.. would be helpful. My thought was to just put Leap blocking pads down the back of his coat, and stick him to the seat, but my wife...

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    We are on round two with this dilema. We tried everything you can think of with our oldest. The best answer? We just decided to let him in his car seat until he just didnt fit anymore. Then we got a seat that shaped like a chair without legs. It was soft and about 4" thick. It conformed to the whichever back seat we put it in. He loved it, because he could see out the window and/or sleep (providing we also gave him a pillow and his kitty) We loved it because it was safe. It functioned with a normal seat belt.

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Thumbs down Sorry..

I am drifting the topic but cann't resist to let you know that I use a Honda 100 CC motor cycle as my transport device. I have a daughter 13 months old who sits on her mothers lap on pillion and my 10 yrs old daughter sits on the Petrol Tank in my front.
    When I take the younger one without her mother, she likes it very much to sit on her elder sisters place, holding a small bar between the arms of the handel .And I am amongst lacks of all those Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki bike owners who do it almost daily in India.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sandee,

Our country used to be like that. At one time, you could drive anywhere you wanted, with your child restrained (or not) in any manner you desired. Now they tell you where in the vehicle they have to sit and what they what they have to sit in. Thye also tell you what material the sit the children must sit in must be made of.
    Someday they might even tell you we have to have eye exams for our children-State Mandated.

Enjoyed your view ! I alway tell my wife, "We've got a perfectly good luggage rack on top of the car that never gets used..."

OptiBoard Professional
    When my oldest (now 10) was born, my husband and I kept telling my mother-in-law that the baby would be fine on the motorcycle as long as we strapped a tupperware bowl to her head for a helmet.
    Funny thing - I don't have that mother-in-law anymore.

Carol D

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Big Smile Desired Course of Evolution..

Originally posted by Johns
    Sandee,

Our country used to be like that. At one time, you could drive anywhere you wanted, with your child restrained (or not) in any manner you desired. Now they tell you where in the vehicle they have to sit and what they what they have to sit in. Thye also tell you what material the sit the children must sit in must be made of.
    Someday they might even tell you we have to have eye exams for our children-State Mandated.

Enjoyed your view ! I alway tell my wife, "We've got a perfectly good luggage rack on top of the car that never gets used..."
    We should learn some thing from Kangaroos !
    But.. be careful about your Lugagae Rack when you have both.. the luggage and the Kids should not be interchanged !!
    Once ,I have traveled on the top of an overcrowded Bus on mighty slopes of Himalays. Goats, Chikens, etc were my co passengers!!

Thread Information