Thread: Guest From America..

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Smilie Guest From America..

We had US marines from USS Antitatem (What a name !Can some of you tell me the meaning ?!!)visited Mumbai, our financial capital, after cooling down their guns.
    They visited an Orpahanage, Salaam Balak( Salute, Child) at Mumbai, did brooming, cleaning the premises,
    painting and decorating.They appricaited the Drawings, Photographs and other items created by the Orphans.

Another couple from Colorado is on a Rotary Visit to a Joint venture, The Melghat Trible Welfare Project, by 7 Rotary clubs nearby and
    Rotray Clubs in Colorado.Linda and PeterJecshofnig ( I hope the spelling is correct!) visited my Head Office and
    Main Retail Shop at Amravati. Linda was using ARC Tranzition Progressive May be @ + 2 with @ 2.5 ADD in a Titanium 3 PC rimless.
    Peter is using ARC Hindex Poly carbonate Photo chromic SV. - 8 Sph in a regular frame.
    I got Linda's lenses cleaned my self while my assistant did the job for Peter.
    Linda instantly felt the difference after cleaning while Peter appeared indiffernt.
    I had their Snap on my Computer using Webcam.
    I offered them a Micron fibre and a Clener Spray as Memento of their visit.
    Both of them are very nice people and gave an standing invitation to come to their home whenever I visit US.
    This is what Rotary does, it brings people form half an earth close enough to serve the needy and the down trodden.
    A thing of Pride: The Rotary's International Immidiate Past President , Frank Devlyn is an Optician !

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    In naming the carrier and cruiser ANTIETAM, the U. S. Navy commemorates a site along Antietam Creek, near Sharpsburg, Maryland at which a major Civil War battle was fought. The Navy has named three American warships in remembrance of this battle. More can be learned at:
    http://www.ussantietam.com/history.html

Thread Information