No announcement yet.

vsp Inspire lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a list of labs on the propaganda. I tossed mine already, but I remember Southern Richmond was on it - they're wholly owned (Sealey).

Comment

anybody has that list I would LOVE to see it! I'll PM you my fax #
      Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Comment

Here is your lab list....

VSP LAB Columbus, ohio
        Optical Supply
        Bell Optical, Twinsburg
        Bell Optical, Huntington
        Bell optical, Dayton
        Top Network, Columbus OH
        Omega
        DSouthern Optical, Richmond
        Precision Optics, St Cloud
        Bell Duffens
        Twin City, Traverse City
        Twin City, Minneapolis

Here is a thought. I wonder how VSP will market this lens, I wonder if they will market this lens to all there members via mailings etc. IF they educate the member population on this lens, we VSP providers may not have a choice BUT to sell this lens when a member comes in asking for it.

Comment

Inspire lens

This is a Zeiss product, not Essilor.

Comment

The printed product info I have say Essilor all over it.

Comment

[QUOTE=midohioeye; IF they educate the member population on this lens, we VSP providers may not have a choice BUT to sell this lens when a member comes in asking for it. [/QUOTE]

So sell it then. The worst that can happen is a remake which is on VSP's dime. If the patient comes in asking for it all you can do is tell them that you haven't used it yet but if they would like to give it a try than sure, we'll do that.

They are offering a pair to VSP providers and/or their employees. We declined but if you want to try it yourself just contact your VSP lab rep or VSP or one of the labs listed.

Comment

The labs that process the Reveal Lens are:

VSP Labs, Sacramento, CA

VSP Legends 4.0, Lewisville, TX

Ultra Lens Optical, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Carl Zeiss Vision Kentucky, Hebron, KY

Carl Zeiss Vision Northwest, Clackamas, OR

Cumberland Optical Co., Nashville, TN

Laser Optics, Tempe, AZ

Carl Zeiss Vision SOCAL / Specto Optical Co, Montclair, CA

Vision Systems Ophthalmic Labs, Riverdale, GA

Tri-City Optical, Clearwater, FL

Perfect Optics, Vista, CA

Carl Zeiss Vison Texas, Lewisville, TX

Also note that VSP doctors receive an additional $10 when ordered through Eyefinity.

Again, this is the Reveal Lens from VSP and Zeiss.
                A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Comment

Originally posted by bob_f_aboc View Post

Also note that VSP doctors receive an additional $10 when ordered through Eyefinity.
                  There you have it Coco. By giving you $10 more on that lens, they are giving you $10 less on the others.

This is just the camels nose under the tent flap...
                  Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

thats funny... i didnt think VSP would move away from its normal bedmate (essilor) and make an exclusive product with zeiss... so now they are just working both sides of the fence.

i was told the reveal was very similar to the GT2, and the GT2 HD

so now i wonder if the inspire is pretty much a Physio and physio 360

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeOptical View Post
                      thats funny... i didnt think VSP would move away from its normal bedmate (essilor) and make an exclusive product with zeiss...

The Inspire lens is an Essilor product.

Comment

Looks like there's some confusion.

Zeiss = Reveal
                        Essilor = Inspire

Most of the discussion in this thread is about the Inspire.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeOptical View Post
                          thats funny... i didnt think VSP would move away from its normal bedmate (essilor) and make an exclusive product with zeiss... so now they are just working both sides of the fence.
                          In the world's oldest profession, there are no exclusive customers.;)
                          Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

VSP Inspire Lens

This is the Accolade lens by Essilor. My selling material was recycled the day I received it. Why sell this when it is available at Lenscrafters, Pearle, and Walmart? In fact, why would you sell Essilor/Varilux lenses in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by carnzo View Post
                              This is the Accolade lens by Essilor. My selling material was recycled the day I received it.

I'm sure this cannot be true. I specifically asked the VSP lab rep if this lens was known by any other name. She said no. Surely she would not try to fool me now would she?

Comment

Not unless she doesn't know, or her rep lied to her, or, and even more probable, her rep doesn't know so simply said "No".

Comment

Working...
                                X