SolaOne HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolaOne HD

I have just order a pair of SolaOne 1.6 transition HD for my client, i have something that not really understand about it, here are some my question:

1. What is the different between HD and non-HD lens?
    2. why the lens Rx is not the same as i order particularly at the axis?
    3. Anyone has fit this lens and how is the feedback?

thank you.
    Yeap

Don't you understand the importance of catchy currenct trade names? HD stands for high definition. It was so tricky that the government had officials after traveling to Europe, make us change out all our TV stations and TV sets.

Chip

Comment

SOLAOne HD is optically customized for the patient's specific prescription requirements, using an assumed position of wear. Because the fitted position of the lens can introduce various prescription changes, due to the oblique astigmtism introduced by lens tilt, the final prescription may differ slightly from the original prescription, as measured in a typical focimeter or lensmeter.

If you want a more detailed answer to this question, I would consider reading the following white paper: Free-Form Optical Optimization.
      Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Comment

Originally posted by Yeap View Post
        I have just order a pair of SolaOne 1.6 transition HD for my client, i have something that not really understand about it, here are some my question:

1. What is the different between HD and non-HD lens?
        2. why the lens Rx is not the same as i order particularly at the axis?
        3. Anyone has fit this lens and how is the feedback?

thank you.
        I have tried the Sola HD lens. I couldn't wear it......too much distortion.
        I prefer my Supercedes much better.

Regards,
        Golfnorth

Comment

While I am the first to admit that no single progressive lens design will work for everyone, thousands and thousands of people have been wearing SOLAOne and SOLAOne HD quite happily for years now. Keep in mind that SOLAOne even earned the OLA's prestigious Award of Excellence in Lens Design, and has remained a proven success in the field, so I would encourage you not discount the lens design based only on one experience.
          Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Comment

thanks for all reply..
            ya i agree that no single lens can fit all, also i find that SolaOne is a good lens but others manufacture do also produce some other good lens..

also 1 more question, if the HD technology is so good why not the 1.5 SolaOne also produce that way?
            Yeap

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl Meister View Post
              While I am the first to admit that no single progressive lens design will work for everyone, thousands and thousands of people have been wearing SOLAOne and SOLAOne HD quite happily for years now. Keep in mind that SOLAOne even earned the OLA's prestigious Award of Excellence in Lens Design, and has remained a proven success in the field, so I would encourage you not discount the lens design based only on one experience.
              The Optiboarder was asking for feedback which is what I was doing.

Regards,
              Golfnorth

Comment

The Optiboarder was asking for feedback which is what I was doing
                And I am sure that Yeap appreciated your feedback. I am also sorry to hear of your lackluster experience with the lens. It was certainly not my intention to detract from the value or credibility of your feedback.

But with thousands and thousands of satisfied wearers and a proven satisfaction rate of over 95% in three different clinical studies, it would be remiss of me not to provide my own feedback, when the only other post in this thread is "I couldn't wear it."

also 1 more question, if the HD technology is so good why not the 1.5 SolaOne also produce that way?
                When it was originally introduced, SOLAOne HD was positioned as the most premium lens available, so SOLAOne HD was introduced in a premium high-index material with a premium antireflection coating (Teflon).
                Last edited by Darryl Meister; 03-31-2009, 07:54 AM.
                Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Comment

proven non-adapt rate of over 95% in three different clinical studies
                  Gosh, Darryl. I really hope you mean an "adaptation rate" of over 95%, not a "non-adapt" rate!
                  RT

Comment

Good catch! Although it still beats a non-adapt rate of 100%. ;)
                    Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Comment

HD vs HDV

I assume the HDV is a totally different animal with the variable corridor length etc?

John
                      John Henahan
                      Spectrum Eyecare
                      www.speceye.com

Comment

Darryl or someone else who may know. What about switching someone from a Hoya Wide to a Sola One HD? Good success possibility?

Comment

Look at Harry's nice contour plot of the SolaOne design:
                          Gradal Individual is the individualized version of the GT2. Sola HDV is the individualized version of the Solamax.

I'm impressed by the smooth symmetry, the extreme softness surrounding the progressive corridor, the not-too-steep gradient of astigmatism surrounding the near zone.

Yea, maybe not the best above the 180, and "eye turners" would be at a disadvantage.

All in all, there probably isn't a better intermediate/near intensive design in general purpose progressives.

I would suggest to Golf that he may just have been the wrong match for this design.

Comment

I assume the HDV is a totally different animal with the variable corridor length etc?
                            Yes, SOLA HDv is based upon a similar lens design platform. Both designs are fully optimized across the lens for the wearer's prescription using a default position of wear. SOLA HDv offers a fully variable corridor length as well, with a minimum fitting height of 13 mm.

What about switching someone from a Hoya Wide to a Sola One HD? Good success possibility?
                            Since HOYA GP Wide and SOLAOne progressive lenses both offer an extremely soft distance periphery combined with a relatively wide near zone, I would say that HOYA GP Wide wearers would be good candidates for SOLAOne.
                            Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Comment

Since HOYA GP Wide and SOLAOne progressive lenses both offer an extremely soft distance periphery combined with a relatively wide near zone, I would say that HOYA GP Wide wearers would be good candidates for SOLAOne.
                              Or, as we Hoyans prefer to look at it, SOLAOne wearers would be good candidates for HOYA GP Wide!
                              RT

Comment

Working...
                              X