Thread: Dear Santa, this year I would like...

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Dear Santa, this year I would like...

Well, my children have finished their Christmas lists (Goodness, they want another puppy- they got one last year!)...

Got me thinking about what I would like from the old man. How about:

• A remote control that allows one to speed up, steer, or if necessary even annihilate the vehicle in front of you on the highway
    • A lifelike mannequin to listen to frame reps blather on about their latest lines
    • A device that makes it possible to enlarge lenses that are slightly too small
    • A "Get out of hangover FREE" card

Now, these are practical gifts that would be welcome under almost any tree! What would you like from Saint Nick this year?
    :D
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would like my old metabolism back...

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wink

Here is what I would like....doesn't even cost any $$$.

1. One day that isn't crazy at the office(eg) people not using glauc gtts and making the person checking their TA more nervous than they are.

2. Respect...(eg) not having pts assume I am an idiot just because I have not been working for the doc as long as others ( this also goes for other employees)

3. A day where everyone is just NICE...is there anything wrong with being nice?? Whatever happened to nice? And remembering the fact that "how are you" is a retorical question..."fine thank you" is the appropriate response. We'll get to updating your med hx we don't need to spend 30 mins talking about how sick you are.

4. All pts will be compliant. Hey this isn't always easy to do but is it necessary to sit and whine about it???

Anyway I guess maybe I am just having a stressful wk. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Steph

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Wow, Stephanie! Sounds like you are having a stressful week!

Let's see if Dr. Pete can prescribe a "cure...."

1.) Plan to call in sick one day next week (oh, come on, everybody does it). Make sure it is a day you really didn't want to get up on anyway (which is pretty much everyday for me)...
    2.) Sleep in till around 9:30 or so (any later, and you'll feel like you wasted your day off), put on the bathrobe and slippers and eat Cap't Crunch (preferably the Peanut Butter variety) while reading the back of the cereal box (avoid the panel that tells you how much fat and calories you are consuming, kind of defeats the purpose)
    3.) Have a good book ready and completely putz around the house reading it... Ideally, you should have a LazyBoy recliner and a nice, old blanket for this task...
    4.) Take a ridiculously long hot shower that hogs up all the hot water your water heater can produce...
    5.) Watch some programme that you like but never get to see because you are at work (for me, that show is Hogan's Heroes reruns)...

Well, that pretty much usually does it! Of course, you will have your own variations on the Rx, but from the looks of your list, I strongly advise you indulge a bit! If you just can't bring yourself to take the day off, just visualize the next person that irks you sliding into an icy lake... then, visualize yourself laughing at them while they slowly (well, perhaps you should just stick with my initial suggestions).

:) Cheer up! Before you know it, it will be four days till Christmas and you still won't have any of your shopping done!
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Essilor of America

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Blue Jumper Go Astigma..

I prey..
    1.All astigmas should just convert to medium myops.
    2. Humans should get additional pair of medium myopic eyes 180 dig. opposite to present uni directional scheme. Two more ear leafs to support additional temples.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

One simple, Unselfish Wish.........

For Osama Bin Laden's head on a stick!

Then, PEACE ON EARTH!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Thanks Pete, while all of the things sound nice we are already super short handed as one of the techs quit last week. We have already been told we are not allowed to get sick. Ho hum. So much for the call off idea. I am way too dedicated an employee to do that when I am not sick. Of course with things the way they are presently looks like we are all gonna get sick....sick of work. What I wouldn't do sometimes just to cut some lab work for a day!! I miss making glasses! Oh well maybe for Christmas I will get an optician job!! LOL!! Oh yea Bin Laden's head on a stick would be a real treat for our holiday season too.

Have a great day everyone!
    Steph

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I am way too dedicated an employee to do that when I am not sick.
    Oh, please please please send your resume to:
    Pete Hanlin
    c/o The EyeSite
    2727 Capital Circle, NE...

Over the years, I've heard more versions of the "sick voice" than I care to remember. It usually goes something like this...
    cough, sputter... Peehhhhte? Ah'm just toooh sicgh to come to worthk today... moan, rasp, wheeze I'll tryyyy to make ight in tomorrow!
    I mean, from the way they sound, I'm thinking I better have an ambulance dispatched straight to their house to pick them up (oh heck, I should just call the morgue- for surely they are on death's door). Strangely enough, the most "normal" call in I've ever received was from our oldest employee...
    (perfectly normal voice) Hi Pete, I'm afraid I won't be in for a few days. I checked myself into the hospital with chest pain, and they want to do a quadruple bypass.
    Anyway, I've been in your situation before... you wake up aching and sore, but you think "I just have to go in today!" To that I say, they have to give you off for Christmas Day!!!
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Essilor of America

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

My resume is on the way, Pete!! LOL!! I could learn to love Florida! I need to learn to call out sick. I can't even remember the last time I ever did it. Some of the people I work with do it on a weekly basis. It is really hard to feel sorry for them when you are working your *** off doing your job and theirs too. Anyway all I want for Christmas REALLY is my house to sell so I can move Florida, Memphis area, don't really care...so if anyone out there feels sorry for me and wants to hire me....

Steph"I am feeling kinda sick now" D

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I'd like a manual to teach me....

I'd like a manual to teach me to do some of the neat things I see going on in the test forum lately.What Walt Disney could have done with the Optiboard.......
    Harry J
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would really like a new Mossberg 835 12g. 3 1/2" mag Turkey gun with matching slug barrel with a night scope!
    (Ok, Peace on Earth, too!)

Remember,Stephanie....nobody moves to Florida to live...........

Florida=ACLF=Nursing Home=Death!:bbg:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I found the perfect mens tree ornament at Victoria Secret the other day. Lace Bra sachets's! I didn't know what they were at first and decidedly asked the clerk if these were ornaments for trees for men. She started laughing and said Cute!

Bought several of them for my brother-in-laws. Can't wait for them to say how sick I am. I thought they could dangle them as trophies for their cars on their mirrors.:)

Thread Information