Thread: Varilux Physio 360 Short

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Varilux Physio 360 Short

The Varilux Physio 360 Short has just been released into our market here.
    We have had good success with the Physio 360, although I do not like to precribe it for a fitting height of 18 or less, even though the recommended minimum fitting height is 17, especially in higher (>+2.00D) additions,as near vision is often compromised.
    What experiences has anyone who has used the Physio 360 Short had?
    Thank you for any feedback.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I didn't know they had a Physio short out yet. It figures since I just got my Physio lenses at 17 high and they aren't all that great. I keep hearing the 360 version doesn't make much of a difference over the regular Physio until you get up into the higher minuses but can't determine if that is indeed true. I just came out of an Ellipse 360 and truthfully could not tell the difference one bit over a regular Ellipse.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    From reading these forums, I have realised that many lens products, especially lens coatings, have been given different names in different markets, so perhaps the Physio 360 Short exists where you are under another Varilux name? Having said that, we don't have the Definity here yet, and from what I have read in these forums, it would seem like it would be a useful lens to add to the prescribing list.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hey iiiiis,

How have you guys fared with the Nikon Seewides?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Physio 360 short debuts tomorrow March 17th according to the info they sent around. Physio short I needed but why the 360?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    I didn't know they had a Physio short out yet. It figures since I just got my Physio lenses at 17 high and they aren't all that great. I keep hearing the 360 version doesn't make much of a difference over the regular Physio until you get up into the higher minuses but can't determine if that is indeed true. I just came out of an Ellipse 360 and truthfully could not tell the difference one bit over a regular Ellipse.
    I just love above statement.............................

With these many variations and competing makes and brands..............just figure out how much real difference betweeen one and the other can you have ? All over a lens surface that measures an average 50 x 30mm.

The professional is just bombarded with adverising and brainwash to favour one above the other, which are basically all the same.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris: Richard Burton said much the same thing about women.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor D View Post
    Hey iiiiis,

How have you guys fared with the Nikon Seewides?
    Trevor, we have done well with the Nikon Seewides.We have used them as one of our "bread and butter" lenses, especially for new multifocal wearers, with most patients adapting well to them. One patient we put into a Seewide 12 (low minus OU, Add +2.25), said they were the best lenses she had ever had. Had previously worn a variety of lens designs including Physio 360. Having said that, most of the difficulties we have had with Seewides have been with the shorter corridor design, and with hyperopes who have been habituated to lenses with higher base curves. Unfortunately it is not possible to dictate the base curves for these lenses. One patient (low plus OU, Add +2.25) that I recently put into a Seewide 12 did not adapt at all well to the lenses. She came in a couple of times ( she lives in the bush), and no amount of adjustment, tilt, heights, etc made the ultimate difference (previous multi wearer of unknown design at time of prescribing - turns out she had been wearing an Opticare Pro? Short). We decided to try her with the Physio 360 Short with higher base curves. We posted them off to her in the bush last week. She rang us today to say that the specs were good :)
    So, it looks like were off to a good start with the Physio 360 Short.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ...My brain hurts. What exactly is a Physio short now? Obviously a new short-corridor lens... but how is it different than say the Ellipse? I'm so glad I don't use Essilor anymore...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKnight View Post
    ...My brain hurts. What exactly is a Physio short now? Obviously a new short-corridor lens... but how is it different than say the Ellipse? I'm so glad I don't use Essilor anymore...

Well, you know, it's "freeform" if it's 360. They are coming out with the regular Physio short later on. What's the difference? Not much.

Thread Information