Thread: hottest trends

Bad address email on file

Blue Jumper hottest trends

so, what ARE the hottest trends where you are???? Here in Vancouver I`m still dispensing 50% of all sales in vibrant plastics.......TRue rimless are becoming a little stale.......What`s happening out there???

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I hope someone else can answer this for both of us. What's happening in my shop for the last 3 weeks or so is nothing. Even Walmart (the store in general, not just the optical department) is slow.

Chip

OptiBoard Professional Excel-Lentes's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In our area(working class hispanic-inner city) smaller rectangles are really popular. People around hear are into shiny gold without too much ornamentation. We get many requests for fashion tints also.

Titanium is really starting to catch on here. They don't want to spend a lot of money but when they understand how much better the wear and tear is they usually kick down the deniro.
    Especially if their old frames are starting to rot off their face.

Being a poorer area, these folks haven't had a lot of exposure to the finer products our industry has to offer

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We seem to be moving alot of small metal frames. Bold colors instead of plaing metal looking and black or brown frames seem to be big. Almost no one is buying tortoise and gold metals. We are selling a ton of dark blue, dark burgundy and dark green; also, subtle violets and roses are also moving. Our 3-piece mounts have slightly increased and our plastic frame sales have dropped off a bit.

As far as lens treatments go our AR and polarized lens sales have increased over the last month or two we are even selling more polarized lenses with back AR coating. We are also moving more high index lenses lately.

We have also seen more requests lately for colored contacts. Perhaps the holiday season and all of the special ocassions that go along with it are causing this trend.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Well, we've had them for nearly two years, but the Silhouette Titans still seem to get tried on a lot (of course, while they are trying them on, they are saying "I know I can't afford these, but how much are they?").

Rectangular shapes seem to be coming into their own, and unfortunately, the other trend is "What can you show me that is cheap!?!" :(
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For traditional men's and ladies reasonably priced, Charmant Titaniums. For higher end, Silhouette NG's are still hot, as well as that rimless Saki number. I wear a Silhouette 1940 col. 6055 and sell that probably once a week just myself. (Its slightly trendy, being a multicolored plastic, incredibly versatile in shape and deep enough for a progressive in most cases).
    Clip-ons are still a hot item but we really don't do much with the EAsyclips anymore. Custom-made clips sell themselves.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Arrow

Yep smaller rectangles seem to be the rage in the stores over here at present, cant stand them my self i hate to see the rim or my specs.....
    I would agree that rimless are going out as well dut dont tell our shop person as she just bought a load more ????

Thread Information