No announcement yet.

Permanent Anti-Fog Coating ............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Anti-Fog Coating ............

I came up with a new coating that I would a few OptiBoard Members to try out. Any volunteers please contact me at oms_optical@yahoo.com , but please mark it on subject: line so it wont go into the trash folder.

Anti-fog coatings are known to get tired after a while and will not work anymore.

My new coating can be renewed by heating the lenses in microwave for 2 minutes, and they will work again like new.
    (Do not heat the frame along with lenses.............just tried it and everything went up in flames......so remove lenses from frame)

You can check it out on my website at: http://optochemicals.com/paf_antifog.htm
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 11-05-2012, 01:03 AM.

Originally posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I came up with a new coating that I would a few OptiBoard Members to try out. Any volunteers please contact me at oms_optical@yahoo.com , but please mark it on subject: line so it wont go into the trash folder.

Anti-fog coatings are known to get tired after a while and will not work anymore.

My new coating can be renewed by heating the lenses in microwave for 2 minutes, and they will work again like new.
    (Do not heat the frame along with lenses.............just tried it and very thing went up in flames......so remove lenses from frame)

You can check it out on my website at: http://optochemicals.com/paf_antifog.htm
    Is this the same stuff?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Is this the same stuff?........................

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post

Atually it is not the same stuff without me knowing the Opticote stuff.

They advertise it as a :
      Thermal cure process with dip hard coat primer and Fog Free coating, 2 day turnaround
      TINTS cannot be coated at this time
      My stuff is a humidity cure copolymer you can apply it on any surface you want and do it in about 5 minutes. The only condition is that your lens or coatings can take the heat in the microwave for 2 minutes and AR coatings can not be done as it would be covered by the coating and become ineffective.
      Last edited by Chris Ryser; 02-04-2009, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Waiting for some results....................

I am still looking for any results from the ones that were going to test the product

Comment

I am still looking for any results from the ones that were going to test the product

I tried it on 2 pairs so far. I would say it cut the fogging down perhaps 50%. Though I don't have a source of steam in the office so holding it over a cup of really hot water might not have cured it properly.

Comment

anti fog......................

Originally posted by IndianaOD View Post

I tried it on 2 pairs so far. I would say it cut the fogging down perhaps 50%. Though I don't have a source of steam in the office so holding it over a cup of really hot water might not have cured it properly.
            The wetting is enough as you describe, but you do not say if you even did the next step, which was to wet the lenses again and then place into a microwave oven and heat at full strenght for 1 minute, only then the coating becomes 100% anti fog.

The question is really, once properly done how long do they stay anti fog, 2month or 4 month. Then they can be wetted again and placed in a microwave for 1 minute and they work again as before.

Comment

Finally some answer..............................

Got This in my e-mail today

Originally posted by gunner05
              Hey Chris, you sent us some anti fog solutions to try out a few months ago and I just wanted to give you a heads up. We tried it with four patients, and two have been extremely impressed with it. The other two fell off the face of the planet, it seems.
              Actually it just happened that Canadas largest Safety Optical has started to supply it on lenses.

Comment

I´m looking for information about Anti fog coatings included in AR coatings, but I´m not found it. Anybody knows if it´s possible add this property in an AR Coating?

I make AR coatings with superhidrophobic in High vacuum systems and I would like to add this property in our process.

Comment

information about Anti fog coatings included in AR coatings..........................

Originally posted by fcl View Post

I´m looking for information about Anti fog coatingsincluded in AR coatings, but I´m not found it. Anybody knows if it´s possibleadd this property in an AR Coating?

I make AR coatings withsuperhidrophobic in High vacuum systems and I would like to add this propertyin our process.

The product you are looking for does exist and is available as a concentratefor applicationm in the vacuum chamber or as a water based solution for an easydip coat operation as well as a by hand application that has renewable featureswhen the hydrophillic qualities are getting fatigued.

Look it up on my website at: http://optochemicals.com/crystalclear.htm

Comment

Has your project got any advancement?
                    Did i understand right: by just putting a lens into your solution it acquires anti-fog properties?
                    For me it sounds amazing...
                    Wher can i buy it?!
                    Have you got any such solutions to renew the AR?

Comment

Where can i buy it?! ...........................

Originally posted by Den View Post

Has your project got any advancement?
                      Did i understand right: by just putting a lens into your solution it acquires anti-fog properties?
                      For me it sounds amazing...
                      Wher can i buy
                      it?!
                      Have you got any such solutions to renew the AR?

You can find it on my website at http://optochemicals.com

and in particular the page is -------------->

Comment

You can find it on my website at http://optochemicals.com

and in particular the page is -------------->
                        Thanks. Put your site into web-browser bookmark list.

Comment

Definitely a market for a solid anti fog solution.
                          My Home Online -

Comment

Off the topic slightly but Chris have you ever looked into developing a hardcoat that can self heal and fill-in moderate scratches on lenses by microwave or oven heating?

Comment

Originally posted by erichwmack View Post
                              Off the topic slightly but Chris have you ever looked into developing a hardcoat that can self heal and fill-in moderate scratches on lenses by microwave or oven heating?
                              Had the same idea this morning, while I was discussing your site with my wife.
                              It would be a revolutionary solution I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X