Thread: Contribute to the Michael Di Santo Fund

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Contribute to the Michael Di Santo Fund

Hi all, this hit my mailbox this morning. I have his address, PM me if you want it. I just didn't want to post it up for all to see. Mike has been my favorite speaker forever. And since I want to be a speaker eventually a mentor from afar as well. He is an amazing man and can use our help. He has NO health insurance....

By now most of you will already have heard the news that Mike DiSanto has stage IV pancreatic cancer. While the Dr’s have told Mike “to let hospice take over”, in Mike’s own words he emphatically states “I’m not ready to lay down in front of the bus just yet!”

Many of us know and love Mike – he is a talented educator, generous and kind individual and all around great and lovable guy. I remember when I first decided to work for myself, Mike was always available to coach and to help. I have attached a pdf that I put together of Mike – it is a copy of an article that he wrote about digital surfaced products along with a picture I snapped of him while he was teaching. Mike has always had the ability to take the complex optical subject and somehow make it seem easy!

Mike had made a difference in the lives of MANY optical people – I am hoping that we ALL can return the favor. Since Mike is self employed, he will be suffering a major loss of income while he fights for his life. When you receive this email please forward to all your friends and colleagues in your address book who may know Mike or have been impacted by Mike.

If we could all send a card along with any donation of cash that you care to give, it will make a huge difference to Mike and his family.
    Together we can do this for our friend and colleague – let’s give Mike the busiest mailbox on his street, filled with the wonder and joy of the many hundreds if not thousands of people whose lives he has touched.
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

In my prayers

Mike is a wonderful educator and a great person. I have had the pleasure of sitting in on many of his lectures. I have the greatest respect for him and I am deeply saddened by this news. I also ask for everyone who knows Mike to keep him and the family in your prayers.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I've bumped into Mike dozens of times on the road at various education events, and he always has time to sit and talk about our industry.

I'll be happy to provide Mike's email to anyone who PMs or emails me. The industry hasn't produced many people finer than Mike DiSanto- I have no doubt he has inspired thousands of opticians over the past few decades.

Prayers and thoughts your way, Mike!

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    As posted above, Mike DiSanto- one of the industry's top ophthalmic educators/speakers- has been diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer, and is without medical insurance.

A fund has been set up for those wishing to help Mike and his family as he takes on this challenge. The fund is managed by the Opticians Association of Ohio.

Here is the address and necessary information for those wishing to make a contribution:
    Michael DiSanto Fund
    c/o Opticians Association of Ohio
    1100-H Brandywine Blvd
    Zanesville, OH 43701-7303
    Checks should be made payable to the Opticians Association of Ohio, and the memo on the check should clearly state: "Michael DiSanto Fund."

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    A PayPal account has also been set-up to receive donations to Mike & his family.

To contribute via PayPal, follow these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.com
    2. Click on "Send Money"
    3. Click on "Send Money Online"
    4. On the right hand side of the page outlined in blue is a box that contains the first steps in the process
    a. To: Enter Mike's email address which is lensmike@aol.com
    b. From: Enter your email address
    c. Amount: Enter amount that you wish to send
    d. For: Service/Other should be selected
    e: Click on "Continue"
    5. This will take you to the screen to enter the billing information, set up your account, enter your credit card information and finish the process!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I have not had the pleasure of meeting Mike, but as a self-employed individual I appreciate the situation he is in. Thanks for getting this info to all of us Optiboarders. Maybe we could all skip one coffee or other preferred beverage and make a donation. It's a small amount that could do a lot.

Lulubelle

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin View Post
    A PayPal account has also been set-up to receive donations to Mike & his family.

To contribute via PayPal, follow these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.com
    2. Click on "Send Money"
    3. Click on "Send Money Online"
    4. On the right hand side of the page outlined in blue is a box that contains the first steps in the process
    a. To: Enter Mike's email address which is lensmike@aol.com
    b. From: Enter your email address
    c. Amount: Enter amount that you wish to send
    d. For: Service/Other should be selected
    e: Click on "Continue"
    5. This will take you to the screen to enter the billing information, set up your account, enter your credit card information and finish the process!
    That was really easy and took less than a minute!!!!!

Thomas
    Help Optiboard $5.00 a month through Paypal

Thread Information