View Poll Results: Should Jim Mora be fired?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maria knows lots of things to do with football

1 100.00%
  • Maria knows lots of things to do with football

0 0%

Thread: Poll For PETE ONLY

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Poll For PETE ONLY

Let me know if I have missed an option here.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Now Night Train...

Yes, I too would like to fire somebody over the Colt's disappointing 4-4 record this year. I don't know if it is as simple as firing Jim Mora, however!

Whoever is calling the offensive plays needs to be cattleprodded, and the team doctor needs to get Edgerrin back on the field where he belongs (hey, a shot of Cortizone can do wondrous things!).

Let's see what they do against the Saints this weekend!

Pete
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think we should wait and see how Mora performs against his former team this Sunday before making any judgements. Perhaps Ted Marciabroda would do well to return to the Colts top job.

This is my own opinion from inside my head. Go Ted MarciaBrady!

Occupation
    Perhaps Ted Marciabroda would do well to return to the Colts top job.

This is my own opinion from inside my head. Go Ted MarciaBrady!

Maria, You are obviously a football Goddess.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think the Colts are really in trouble now with both the Jets and Miami having good years. Unless Edgerrin gets fit and back on track, I think their offense is going to be too one-dimensional to make up for their woeful lack of defensive stopping power.

And they should practice more.

Occupation
    OK Maria....I am beginning to smell something funny here.....Let me ask you a question....Should Mora bench Manning and move Harbaugh up from the back up position? (Careful...)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Now Dwayne, we all know that Harbaugh plays for the Ravens now... or is it the Lions? Its hard to keep up with him these days. We can't keep holding on to Jim's glorious run towards the Superbowl in 1995 (one stupid Hail Mary away).

So don't try to mess with me, buddy!

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

When I read this thread.......

When I read this thread you could have knocked me over with a feather.I am REALLY impressed.I am also distressed to see that Maria is not following the only team to wear her colours.Just because the "purple people eaters" have retired.....and the weather is on the chilly side of freezing most of the time....are not reasons to abandon them.I, on the other hand, am a dyed in the wool New England Fan..(.I had all I could do to keep my mouth shut when Pete called them hapless.) so when she said Marcia Brady, I thought she was talking about our second string starting QBack. I wonder what she thinks of his last 5 performances?All for now, time to put the turkey to bed.
    harry j
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think to be honest that he is lacking commitment to the team. Time for a move, perhaps?

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I don't think we want Brady to move...

I don't think we want Brady to move quite yet.He has outperfomed Bledsoe at about 90% less salary.He should stay-Bledsoe should go, and we should spend the phenominal amount of money made on the deal on a defense you couldn't throw sand through!Just an opinion, however.

Not one to accuse lightly.....I fear Maria is getting her info the same way NFL quarterbacks do....through a headset in the helmet! Pete types....sends Maria an email which is subsequently cut and pasted in a reply! Very crafty.....Legal......but shameless!!!!!!!!!!

the view from here on a full stomach! hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would like to remind you, Harry, that is (probably) an offence to hack into people's private MSN messenger conversations. :)

And whilst some of you may be wondering why my knowledge of football has dried up at the time of a major American holiday, when most American male sports fans are away from their computers and eating turkey, I know that my true fans still love and support me, and believe every word I say. So there!

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry,
    I'm with you on this one.To me as of late........all Drew want's to be is a franchise QB. Keep Brady. Just like you said,"He has outperformed Bledsoe". I watched a interview w/him just the other day,and he was constantly asked about Brady taking the starting position. Everytime that subject came up all he would do is murmur.........next question. Don't get me wrong,i'am not saying to can the guy,but maybe a little fire under his a** is what he and the team really need.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    As to the original question, I think Mora summed it up pretty well yesterday (after blowing a game to the 49ers). As Mora said...

We gave that game away, that really sucks... we really suck. Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!? I'm just hoping we can win another game!
    No matter how you coach, throwing four picks in a game (plus another turnover) isn't going to win many ballgames. Manning is awesome, but he is trying to do too much and is costing the team. At this point, let's get everyone healthy, build some more defense, and look at next year (as a Colts fan, I'm already used to looking forward to "next year").

For this year, I suppose I'll have to start rooting for the Bears or the Steelers or the Browns or some other team that is due a good year!

As to the source of Maria's suddenly outstanding grasp of the game, beats me! Obviously, she is in cahoots with someone with an unbiased and excellent knowledge of the National Football League. ;)

Concerning the Patriots, it is simply disturbing that a team that should suck is having a half decent year (thanks in no small part to two victories against the Colts) while a team like Indianapolis that should have been a contender wallows like a fat pig in the muck of mediocrity (no, I'm not bitter, just incredibly, incredibly annoyed :angry: ).

At least Penn State has decided to play some football (now if we can only keep that freshman Zack Mills around and healthy for three more years, we'll be back in business!). Whoever the Maryland fan was at the beginning of the season who pondered which team would have the better year- my hats off to a wonderful season by the Terps (but why oh why couldn't you hold on to a 14-0 lead on FSU?).
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Thread Information