Thread: Cats or dogs? Love my pets.

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie Cats or dogs? Love my pets.

Our cats(my daughter's) are 14 and 9, need to be in 'assisted living' for cats; our pugs are 2 1/2 male, Mr. Chan and 1 1/2 female, Miss Blossom. he is 32 lbs.; she is 21 lbs. they have us well-trained! Who else has neat pets?

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think that I have wonderful cats that share my life. They do have me very well trained now though. They do a good job of teaching me how to dance, since they always seem to be under my feet. I think that Norton thinks he's a dog since he is always in the trash cans. He's even got Bill trained to watch what he throws in what trash can, cause you know Norton is going to go in after it if it smells good enough. JB, is my furry love monster who just lives to purr, and shed, and eat lol.
    Love to hear more about everyone elses pets.

Suzy, Norton & JB

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have two great cats that are brothers. They are 14 months old. They stole our hearts after the death of our 17 year old baby, an orange tabby in Dec last year. We miss our baby but have adjusted to lively loving kitties. We are going to shake up their world though soon as we have bought a 3 year old home many miles from here. Curent weight -Buddy-17lbs and Skeeter-13 lbs. Aren't all pets special in our eyes?:)

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

Ah now here is a subject I could talk about forever!!! LOVE my girls!!! Katielou is a 26(FAT!!) lb Jack Russell Terror(no I didn't misspell that!!!) she is 3 years old and rotten to the core!! LOL!! Krystle is a rescue. She is part chow and part God only knows what. She doesn't look chow at all though. She is 56 lbs(yup she is fat too!!!) and she will be 3 Dec 23. I know that because she was born during an ice storm in a hole her mother dug in the woods behind my house. She was the only puppy that survived. The neighbor owned her but never took care of her and finally after several threats from the pound he let me have her. Katie rules the house though. Me and my husband have to obey her too or there will be HELL to pay!! If the little pig wants something to eat she will yell at the top of her lungs and kick her bowl across the room. Hence one of her nicknames "lil PIG PIG"!! That is why I have a 26 lbs Jack who should only weigh 15-18lbs. We tried to put them on a diet but my life was becoming a nightmare. If anyone comes over the girls will run to the refridgerator and point to the cookie container on the top. Then they will start doing all their good girl tricks to get some. They are my whole world and I enjoy watching all their little antics. It is quite amusing watching the "kids" fool around. Yea they are both intensely spoiled, totally rotten, overweight, and I love them both to pieces!! I wouldn't trade them for anything. Even after Katie embarassed me in the vet's office on Tues morning acting like a brat and everyone was watching her be a very bad girl!! They still gave her treats!!! :bbg: After I need a nap!! She wore me out!!
    Well I could go on forever about this so I better end before this is 80 pages long!!

Steph

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

Gotta join in on this one-

1 cockatiel, cleverly named "Bird"- he can be meaner than a snake, but we love him anyway. Bird is about 10 years old now.

2 male long-haired tabbies, "Wolfie" (named for Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart- think we like classical music around here?), the other named "Zooby", probably named as a result of ingesting some dangerous chemicals. Both cats are about 8 years old.

1 male black lab, a 90+ pound beauty named "Summit", the love of my life. He's almost 3 years old.

1 part chocolate lab part German Shorthair, a 70 pound dog that "talks" more than any dog I've ever had. Named "Bodie", is a little over 2 years old.

Both dogs are named after a couple of my favorite places in the High Sierra, although I suppose "Bodie" could be short for "Bodacious", which he certainly is.

A year ago I could have listed some more, but we gave the turtles away and the lizard died; likewise the frog.

Thread Information