Thread: EyeMed System Transition

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

EyeMed System Transition

On behalf of the IT team at EyeMed, I want to provide the readers of OptiBoard with the latest information about the status of our enhanced Online Claims System. The system is operating well and consistently processing transactions.

Questions have been raised on this forum about the technical aspects of the system launch. As a member of the IT team I can provide further clarification. Since the deployment of the system on November 9th it has been necessary to schedule periodic maintenance to implement changes and enhancements. At times, this resulted in slow performance or the inability to access online authorizations and conduct other transactions over the Internet. We know this was extremely inconvenient for our providers. These maintenance sessions were necessary to improve system performance issues inherent to a systems launch of this size and complexity. We did conduct extensive testing prior to the launch, however there were more issues than we had hoped in the initial rollout.

To help providers conduct business during the required maintenance sessions, we proactively created alternatives to the Online Claims System and implemented additional service measures, such as increased staffing in the Customer Care Center and directing providers to the IVR. We sincerely apologize for any conveniences this may have caused.

Resolving these systems issues has been our top priority. As we look to the weeks and months ahead, we are very excited about the enhancements the new system will deliver to our providers and members.

Mitch Spring
    Vice President
    EyeMed Information Technology

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I've been able to consistently access the website for all my Providers as of recently so that's great! Thanks for giving us this update, I know it can be frustrating all around during transitions. I have to say, I do love the claim history tab. That is a great resource when trying to work A/R.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I certianly hope you learn from this DISASTER when you develop and roll-out your new POS system next year.

I'm frankly surprised by your response. I, at least, would have used the Lux owned stores for a four hour test session of the new system. Give the stores a generous head's up and then solicit improvement ideas based upon the "test session". Then initiate follow-up "tests" until downtime is mitigated to less than 1%. I hope you understand this cost $$$$'s to Lux, your franchised stores and your independendent providers.

Let's hope for smoother implementation and roll-out's in the future.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Commendable that you posted. Thanks.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Now if we could increase the insulting reimbursements!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

eyemed

over the last few days eyemed has been real fast in my various offices, the only glitch i have noticed is they have picked up some wrong addresses and then after they ask you to verify your address, it comes up with some old address of maybe a former DR., and they wont tell you what this address is and they wont give you an authorization, other then that it has been fine and i have actually spoken to a live person

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thank god I can file for my $30 reimbursements again.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's still full of bugs and glitches for us and our doctors. The new design is less user friendly and more cumbersome to use, and it doesn't even work properly. I'm completely disgusted.

I was also told that the "extensive" beta testing consisted of giving it a trial in exactly five stores. Is that true? How widely was the upgrade actually tested before going live?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    It's still full of bugs and glitches for us and our doctors. The new design is less user friendly and more cumbersome to use, and it doesn't even work properly. I'm completely disgusted.

I was also told that the "extensive" beta testing consisted of giving it a trial in exactly five stores. Is that true? How widely was the upgrade actually tested before going live?
    Yeah, I don't get the point of the new "upgrade". The old system interface worked just fine. When I called about it a week or so again, the idiot on the phone told to file paper HCFAs. Yeah, okay. Thanks for everything, Eyemed.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    terrible reimbursment and everything else, isnt your fault

as for the things that are your fault, im sure this is something that will not happen again.

As a former IT whipping boy, its a totally different kind of world then anyone expects. You plan everything to the T you also run mock implementations and for something of this caliber probably did a full on launch in a test environment a considerable amount of time before it really went live. even with all of your bases covered, its tough to see how the systems will react once in the complete environment. other applications, server work load, and real world use. things happen, what really matters is how fast their are fixed.

the magic IT phrase "DOWNTIME" has to be reduced, and in the future im sure will be

that said. please change the style of the authorizations, the layout is terrible.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The old site was satisfactory.
    I do like one new option very much. You are able to edit an authorization, so instead of voiding one for glasses when you want contacts and then requesting a new authorization you can edit the one you have. Great update!
    However on the negative side........
    -When I file, the column with the patients fees doesn't print out. That is often necessary to show an obstinate patient that "yes you do owe this amount"
    -I used to check payment status and see if a claim wasn't filed and is in limbo or waiting for payment or paid. I have not been able to find that on the new site. I have several that I started to file wasn't able to finish and got logged out. When I put those authorization #s in it says no such authorization. I dread sitting on hold to call someone to get this straightened out.
    -We have had authorizations printed out that don't even show the patients name.
    -We have had many authorizations that show the patients benifit but not what we get back.

I hope these items can be addressed soon.
    Thanks
    goodsearch.com vosh

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDie View Post
    The old site was satisfactory.
    -I used to check payment status and see if a claim wasn't filed and is in limbo or waiting for payment or paid. I have not been able to find that on the new site. I have several that I started to file wasn't able to finish and got logged out. When I put those authorization #s in it says no such authorization. I dread sitting on hold to call someone to get this straightened out.

Thanks
    Oops my bad! Just found this section on the site sry.
    goodsearch.com vosh

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I just don't understand why I have to spend more time to click to get the benefits page. That's the info that I'm always going to need when I'm looking up member information. The new site is by far less user-friendly and since we had about 10 exams walk because we couldn't get insurance information for those 2 weeks while the system was constantly down, it really don't see how this was an "up-grade" at all! More like a disaster!!:finger:

Thread Information