Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post

I just recieved an E. Mail from the OAA stating:

Money donated by those who call themselves "Opticians."
    OBama $20,611.00
    McCain $27,072.00

WOW !

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    If your amazed by those numbers you haven't seen nothing yet. If you saw the whoel picture you'd be disgusted. There is a reason why we're on the bottom and it ain't ethics, right, wrong, skill, education, or anything else you hear.

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry

What do you think it is? I'm surprised by the numbers sorta, but that's because I would think optometrist would be smarter than thinking they could live on medicaid money. As for opticians we need our jobs and my boss can't pay everyone on that money either. By the way, she has already figured her "new"tax burden...We do make over the magic number, so that part isn't pretty either....

christina

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by fvc2020 View Post
    Harry

What do you think it is? I'm surprised by the numbers sorta, but that's because I would think optometrist would be smarter than thinking they could live on medicaid money. As for opticians we need our jobs and my boss can't pay everyone on that money either. By the way, she has already figured her "new"tax burden...We do make over the magic number, so that part isn't pretty either....

christina
    Funny, because the health care plans are not proposing universal eye exams, and most likely every optical store (except Wal-Mart, LC and such) will receive a tax cut under Obama's plan. You have to make $250k in profit to see the new tax increase, and I would be surprised if any of us were doing that.

Plus, in Universal health care systems (not necessarily Obama's, as I feel his is still weak), the business will save thousands upon thousands by not having to pay for employee health coverage.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    Funny, because the health care plans are not proposing universal eye exams, and most likely every optical store (except Wal-Mart, LC and such) will receive a tax cut under Obama's plan. You have to make $250k in profit to see the new tax increase, and I would be surprised if any of us were doing that.

Plus, in Universal health care systems (not necessarily Obama's, as I feel his is still weak), the business will save thousands upon thousands by not having to pay for employee health coverage.
    The spin is gross, the truth is net so the magic number like all magic is shrowded in smoke and mirrors. :D

Quote Originally Posted by fv2020
    Harry

christina
    I think a bunch of things, but no one want's to hear them and that I don't think, I know. Anyway just do like others and mark me as crazy before you check the facts and go on living life.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    From listening to Obama (and yes, I have) my impression was he was gonna sock-it to those with over $250,000 gross income. Not those just those with over $250,000 net income.

Chip, also without comment.

Occupation
    From listening to Obama (and yes, I have) my impression was he was gonna sock-it to those with over $250,000 gross income. Not those just those with over $250,000 net income.

Chip, as a business owner, have you paid taxes on your revenue or profit? And I have a tough time believing that most small businesses (98%) make under $250k in revenue.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For-Life:

That was then, this will be after. This is what I fear we have in store for us. Odd no one else caught this. But Obama has said: "No tax increase for individuals and businesses doing less than $250,000 a year."
    Not: No taxes on individuals making a profit of less than $250,000 a year.

Shame no one will get this absolutely straight from Obama prior to election day.

Chip (Who knows that you can gross as much as you want and still not make any money.)

Occupation
    For-Life:

That was then, this will be after. This is what I fear we have in store for us. Odd no one else caught this. But Obama has said: "No tax increase for individuals and businesses doing less than $250,000 a year."

Shame no one will get this absolutely straight from Obama prior to election day.

Chip (Who knows that you can gross as much as you want and still not make any money.)
    Chip that's a given.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Supposedly it's only for a PROFIT of over 250K.
    Or salary for individuals, $200k single, 250K married.
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ness_bunk.html
    Last edited by DragonLensmanWV; 10-27-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    For-Life:

Chip, he is not going to tax your revenue. Come on.

The government taxes what you make, not what your company brings in. That would make no sense. I know you do not trust him, but if that is your concern, I can tell you right now that it will not happen.

As for the confusion, I believe a lot of it has come from the people who do not understand the difference between profit and revenue. People like Joe the Plumber, who is an employee, not an owner. Obama has said several times that it is proft, not revenue.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    I know you do not trust him, but if that is your concern, I can tell you right now that it will not happen.
    He has been judged as the most liberal senator. That means that his ideas are not in touch with the average American. He is portraying himself as something different than he actually is. No I don't trust him. I don't trust Bush either.

If this seems to go against my previous posts, well you are right. The more I think about Obama, the more his ideas appear to be bad. Regardless of if he could be a good leader.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcE View Post
    He has been judged as the most liberal senator. That means that his ideas are not in touch with the average American. He is portraying himself as something different than he actually is. No I don't trust him. I don't trust Bush either.

If this seems to go against my previous posts, well you are right. The more I think about Obama, the more his ideas appear to be bad. Regardless of if he could be a good leader.
    Out of touch with the average American? Being a liberal senator does not make you out of touch. What you have to ask yourself is what makes a person in touch. I think the average American floaking to him and his time spent in Chicago, plus his upbringing, shows that he is in touch with the average American. Now that is my view, and yours may be different. But being a conservative or liberal does not mean you are out of touch. Maybe the average American wants a more liberal agenda.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    The reference to increased taxes for those making over $250k is definately not referring to gross revenue, but to net before taxes. Joe the plumber was not clear about what he was saying.

And as for Obama's statement about "redistributing wealth", our country has been doing that for well over a century...with mostly good results. Most countries that don't do this in some way usually have raw sewage running in the streets and people carrying drinking water from wells.

Anyway, I would rather redistribute wealth in my own country in the form of schools, hospitals, roads, etc. than send it oversees to W's Iraq war, or to Saudi Arabia for oil.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper

That is why so many optical labs are getting absorbed by the large corporations, and optical stores by others of the same league.

You can make millions in revenue and still have not a cent of profits.

As a supplier I know and can judge the rough financial situation of customers by the speed they pay for their purchases on an open account.

As Chip say's .............you can gross as much as you want .............

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just recieved an E. Mail from the OAA stating:

Money donated by those who call themselves "Opticians."
    OBama $20,611.00
    McCain $27,072.00
    I'm surprised they each managed to scrape together even that much; from a group of individuals that often have a difficult time coming up with association dues, and CEU fees.:hammer:
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    *sigh*

One more week and the clutching of the pearls will cease! Thank goodness!
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Another no comment statistic

Our state has more registered voters in a third of it's counties than they have population over the age of eighteen.

How's the situation in Your State?

Chip

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Our state has more registered voters in a third of it's counties than they have population over the age of eighteen.

How's the situation in Your State?

Chip
    That's true, Chip.
    http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/mis...27/144660.html

But what are you worrying about? They're all Republicans!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The Hell they are, the dead vote isn't Republican either.

Occupation
    there is voter fraud on both sides. Don't just blame one party.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For-Life:

Contact your State Attorney General's office, find out how much voter fraud is due to each party. I have a patient who is black, an attorney who works for the AG here, his job is investigating voter fraud exclusively.
    He says that he has never found a case of Republican Voter fraud it seems to be exclusively Democrat violations only.

Let me know what you find out satisticly from your State.

I think you will be supprised.

Chip

Occupation
    For-Life:

Contact your State Attorney General's office, find out how much voter fraud is due to each party. I have a patient who is black, an attorney who works for the AG here, his job is investigating voter fraud exclusively.
    He says that he has never found a case of Republican Voter fraud it seems to be exclusively Democrat violations only.

Let me know what you find out satisticly from your State.

I think you will be supprised.

Chip
    Didn't Nixon have some cases of voter fraud?

Fact is, evil is on both sides. I am sure if you investigated all States, you would see it on both sides.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was serious, I want you to contact your state AG and let us know the statistics, not just an out of the air defense.
    In fact I would really like to see all Optiboarders contact their various state AG's and post thier findings.

Any takers?

Really love to hear a report from Illinois, NJ and NY.

Chip

Thread Information