Thread: iZon blues

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

iZon blues

I agreed to get the lenses without doing much research, and now I am stuck with an expensive set of lenses that I cannot adjust to, and give me headaches. I don't know what I'm looking through, but it's not working for me.

Plus, my optician gave me a cagey answer when I asked about a satisfaction guarantee, so looks like I'll be eating 400 bucks.

Just say no to iZon lenses!

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    There are several here that will agree with you.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    And what about you? Do you disagree? If there is some other reason for what I'm going through, I'd sincerely appreciate hearing another perspective!

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Will PM you

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

izon lenses should be pulled from market

THESE LENSES ARE NOT WHAT THE IZON WEB SITE SAYS THEY ARE. Vision is only sharper in the center of the lens and quickly becomes worse as you look more than 5 degrees from the center of the lens. IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU ARE DRIVING you would have minimal vision to your left and right and have to move your head down to see the speedometer and up again to see traffic ahead and left or right to see road signs. After wearing the lens for over 2 wks i had 2 minor traffic mishaps . THESE ARE THE WORST LENSES YOU CAN EVER BUY.!!!!!!!!! Web site is very misleading and they offer no gaurantee. stay away from the izon lens !!!!!!!!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Ophthonix has recently expanded their range of iZon lens offerings:
    http://www.optiboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34178

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by vicpete View Post
    THESE LENSES ARE NOT WHAT THE IZON WEB SITE SAYS THEY ARE. Vision is only sharper in the center of the lens and quickly becomes worse as you look more than 5 degrees from the center of the lens. IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU ARE DRIVING you would have minimal vision to your left and right and have to move your head down to see the speedometer and up again to see traffic ahead and left or right to see road signs. After wearing the lens for over 2 wks i had 2 minor traffic mishaps . THESE ARE THE WORST LENSES YOU CAN EVER BUY.!!!!!!!!! Web site is very misleading and they offer no gaurantee. stay away from the izon lens !!!!!!!!
    I would be very interested to read your source material that validates these claims.

Please forward via PM.
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by vicpete View Post

These lenses are fully guaranteed. I'm not sure where you got that they weren't. 60 day non-adapt, 120 day doctors change, and 2 year scratch replacement. Did you hold onto the lenses too long before deciding to return them? I have never had a problem with that. I'm sorry that you did.
    "Make the most of yourself.....for that is all there is of you" - Emerson

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Clearly, it's a love/hate relationship. There is no middle ground here. Somebody must be loving them....they have a new contract with Vision Source and I've heard rumors that there is a contract with IDOC as well. I think that a large prtion of the "haters" end up on this site for validation....and that's okay too. Everyone likes to be heard. I base my feelings on what I've heard from patients. The majority of the pairs fit get great comments from their wearer's. There is the occasional non-adapt...so what.....no lens on the market works for every single patient. I have non-adapts with other brands too. Why is it worth it to buy the Z-View? Because it cuts down the doctors refraction time by about half. Besides, the practice has sold more than enough lenses to have paid for the Z-View several times over. I do understand the frustrations of many here in reference to the changing statements made by Ophthonix. If it's not for you, then fine. It's okay. You don't have to like everything. What I'm "hatin'" on is the trash talk. I do find it interesting that one of the iZon lens threads has gotten more than 30,000 views on Optiboard. If nothing else, there is a major buzz going on. You can't but that.
    "Make the most of yourself.....for that is all there is of you" - Emerson

Thread Information