Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an easy way to sell Crizal Avance on VSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Who cares, these slick coats are all the same made with the same chemical and they do wear down due to abrasion while cleaning.

They have to be so thin for a reason, which is................they totally change the AR properties if made thicker.

I you never clean them they will never wear down.
    some will wear down faster than others (much faster for some too)

Comment

Originally posted by karen View Post
      Happylady, do you know how to do the special lens option? It actually makes you a bit more money. I know its kind of a pain. I know Essilor is working with VSP to try and get it together.
      I know there is some way to file a special lens option. I called once and asked VSP about it but it seemed complicated and I didn't go any further.

Comment

Shameless Plug

iCoat's Stainless is a Category C AR and stays slick for the life of the lens.

End of Shameless Plug...your usually scheduled thread will continue shortly.
        Lee Prewitt, ABOM
        Independent Sales Representative
        AIT Industries
        224 W. James St.
        Bensenville, IL 60106
        Cell : (425) 241-1689
        Phone: (800) 729-1959, Ext 137
        Direct: (630) 274-6136
        Fax: (630) 595-1006
        www.aitindustries.com
        leep@aitindustries.com

More Than A Patternless Edger Company

Comment

Just do what I do...buy a new pair every three months and rotate them so that you don't wear the same glasses every day. If pt's each had 10 pairs, each set of lenses would be wiped 1/10 of what it is now, and problems would be solved! See? It's the consumer's fault for not owning an extensive collection. ;-)

If you wore the same shoes every day, they would wear down faster than if you had 7 pairs and wore each pair once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Prewitt View Post
            iCoat's Stainless is a Category C AR and stays slick for the life of the lens.

End of Shameless Plug...your usually scheduled thread will continue shortly.
            I'm giving them a shot. Can you tint Trivex trans under the Stainless AR? I hope so, because I just ordered one with special needs with a note to call me. Will they call me?

Never mind - they just called me.
            Are you sure Borysko doesn't work for you?
            <joke>
            Last edited by DragonLensmanWV; 10-13-2008, 12:48 PM.
            DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
            "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Be somewhat cautious when pairing a tint and A/R lens together. Generally the finished product isn't great regardless of the A/R process/manufacturer. Polar lenses fair well, but tints not so much. Just some hard learned experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Happylady View Post
                I know there is some way to file a special lens option. I called once and asked VSP about it but it seemed complicated and I didn't go any further.
                It's simpler than you think and your Varilux rep has a worksheet that makes it even easier. If you don't have a rep PM me and I will get it for you.
                Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Comment

Originally posted by karen View Post
                  It's simpler than you think and your Varilux rep has a worksheet that makes it even easier. If you don't have a rep PM me and I will get it for you.
                  Thank you for your help. :)

I called VSP and they walked me through it. It ended up being a total of $91.00 more then if she got the Alize. So she decided to just go with the Alize again.

The hydrophobic coating is completely gone on her Alize lenses that she got in April of 2007. When she gets her new glasses I am going to send the old lenses back under the scratch warranty. The prescription is almost the same.

She washed them every morning with soapy water. I wonder if just using plain water (unless they really need the soap) would make the top coat last longer.

Comment

The hydrophobic coating is completely gone on her Alize lenses that she got in April of 2007. When she gets her new glasses I am going to send the old lenses back under the scratch warranty. The prescription is almost the same

The prescription is "almost the same"??? If she needed a new prescription, how does a scratch warranty come into play? Sounds like you're abusing your lab's policies.
                    RT

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

The prescription is "almost the same"??? If she needed a new prescription, how does a scratch warranty come into play? Sounds like you're abusing your lab's policies.
                      The lenses have some scratches on them so they are covered under the two year warranty. How is that abusing the lab's policies?

She really doesn't need a new prescription, she just wants new glasses. I think that is something we want to see more of, people thinking of glasses as fashion accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Happylady View Post

She washed them every morning with soapy water. I wonder if just using plain water (unless they really need the soap) would make the top coat last longer.
                        I'd suspect the issue is more what she uses to dry them with. There's a big difference in abrasiveness between, say, a super-soft cotton rag (like from a good-quality tee-shirt) and a turkish towel.
                        Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Comment

Happy:

I think if you read the fine print in your scratch and other warranties the lens must be replaced with the exact same prescription.. The warranty (the best of them that is) read: for the life of the prescription. If the prescription has changed by even the tinyest amount, the prescription life has ended.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
                            Happy:

I think if you read the fine print in your scratch and other warranties the lens must be replaced with the exact same prescription.. The warranty (the best of them that is) read: for the life of the prescription. If the prescription has changed by even the tinyest amount, the prescription life has ended.

Chip
                            I know this, Chip. I would replace her lenses with the exact same prescription that she had. There is almost no difference between her new prescription and the one she got last year. In fact, it might be exactly the same. I'll double check today.

The lab warrants the lens for two years and she is well within the two years. She only wanted to get new glasses because she wanted some new styles.

Comment

Working...
                            X