Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an easy way to sell Crizal Avance on VSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an easy way to sell Crizal Avance on VSP?

I find that Zeiss Carat Advantage and Crizal Alize are wonderful at first but a year down the line they are much harder to clean and get dirty much faster. I am truly impressed with the Crizal Avance, never have I seen an AR clean as easily and stay clean as long. So far it doesn't seem to wear off.

But, it's not VSP approved. :( We do a lot of VSP. How can I sell it to my VSP patients without jumping through hoops with VSP? Of course I know I will have to charge more...but for some patients that isn't an issue.

Sorry, I don't do VSP, but my experience has been:
    I am truly impressed with the Crizal Avance, never have I seen an AR clean as easily and stay clean as long. So far it doesn't seem to wear off.
    Crizal Avance only lasts about 7-9 months, after that its regular old crizal all over again.
    Last edited by obxeyeguy; 10-11-2008, 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by obxeyeguy View Post
      Sorry, I don't do VSP, but my experience has been:Crizal Avance only lasts about 7-9 months, after that its regular old crizal all over again.
      NO!:drop: Don't say that! The spiel from Crizal is that it lasts 20,000 washings. Why do you say it only lasts 7 to 9 months? It's only been out about that long.

Comment

Not only is it VSP approved but they have been putting Avance on any jobs where Crizal was requested and sending a slip of paper with the job saying "you have been upgraded free of charge" which apparently we are to give to the patient at pick up.

Comment

Sorry, I don't do VSP, but my experience has been:Crizal Avance only lasts about 7-9 months, after that its regular old crizal all over again.
          My own pair of Avance coated lenses is a lot older than that and still in pristine condition. Personally I don't see the big difference between Avance and Crizal though.

Comment

Originally posted by cocoisland58 View Post
            Not only is it VSP approved but they have been putting Avance on any jobs where Crizal was requested and sending a slip of paper with the job saying "you have been upgraded free of charge" which apparently we are to give to the patient at pick up.
            Your lab has been doing this, but I don't think all labs are. I guess I will call VSP and my lab on Monday.

My own pair of Avance coated lenses is a lot older than that and still in pristine condition. Personally I don't see the big difference between Avance and Crizal though.
            I see a huge difference. I noticed that year old Alize and Carat Advantage no longer beads up when a marker is used on it. They are much harder to clean and don't stay clean as long.

Even new Alize is not as good. I put Alize on my over my mulitfocal contact driving glasses and it's okay but not like Avance.

Comment

Who Sells? Us supposed ta be eye care provider types. Except of course those of us that are not opticians and concider ourselves to be salespeople.

Chip

Comment

Comment

:( I want easy. Davis offers it on some of their plans, why can't VSP?

Comment

Probably because they feel the margins are too low. Pity as it really is one of the best choices in anti reflective lenses available presently.

Comment

Originally posted by Happylady View Post
                      NO!:drop: Don't say that! The spiel from Crizal is that it lasts 20,000 washings. Why do you say it only lasts 7 to 9 months? It's only been out about that long.
                      I have gotten this from previous crizal wearers that were updated to avance as well as my own observation. The slick coat does not last as it is brand new. I believe it is still better that regular crizal.
                      Can't be a whole lot older, it was released to ECP's in the US on Jan 15, 2008. I bought into this right away, and this is the feedback I am getting 6-9 months later. JMHO

Comment

Comment

Can't be a whole lot older, it was released to ECP's in the US on Jan 15, 2008. I bought into this right away, and this is the feedback I am getting 6-9 months later. JMHO
                          You are right my own lenses are NOT Avance but Alize. My bad.:o

Comment

All of them wear down...................

You are right my own lenses are NOT Avance but Alize. My bad.
                            Who cares, these slick coats are all the same made with the same chemical and they do wear down due to abrasion while cleaning.

They have to be so thin for a reason, which is................they totally change the AR properties if made thicker.

I you never clean them they will never wear down.

Comment

Happylady, do you know how to do the special lens option? It actually makes you a bit more money. I know its kind of a pain. I know Essilor is working with VSP to try and get it together.
                              Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Comment

Working...
                              X