Thread: Staining and Clens 100?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Question Staining and Clens 100?

I had a patient today with staining when I started to wonder if Clens 100 can make better faster?
    Anyone with experience of it?

What is your best treatment/tip for patient with stainings otherwise?
    Founder of www.OptikForum.se in Sweden

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Stains are an indication of corneal defect. This can be from, trauma, ulcer, infection, trash, or a whole lot of pathogens. It's real good if you know what you are treating before you start treating. Some medications can make some conditions worse. Some stains (like from dust) don't need any treatment at all.
    One does not treat stains. One stains to learn what needs treating. Don't just throw medicine at a patient, especially if nothing is indicated.
    If stains are from a bad CL fit, fix the fit.
    If one mistakes a dendritic ulcer for something else you can get the patient in a whole lot of trouble in very short time.

Refer the patient to a doctor ( I assume you are not one with a question like this.).

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Stains are an indication of corneal defect. This can be from, trauma, ulcer, infection, trash, or a whole lot of pathogens. It's real good if you know what you are treating before you start treating. Some medications can make some conditions worse. Some stains (like from dust) don't need any treatment at all.
    One does not treat stains. One stains to learn what needs treating. Don't just throw medicine at a patient, especially if nothing is indicated.
    If stains are from a bad CL fit, fix the fit.
    If one mistakes a dendritic ulcer for something else you can get the patient in a whole lot of trouble in very short time.

Refer the patient to a doctor ( I assume you are not one with a question like this.).

Thanks for your answer!
    I think you take this question a little to serious, my mistake! It´s staining from contact lenses, I think. The person have had the same staining for a year now and only uses one day lenses occasionaly. Usually that kind of staining treat itself with time if you stop using contact lenses. I just wonder if Clens 100 can make it treat faster? Or if anyone have some other tip for this kind of staining?
    Founder of www.OptikForum.se in Sweden

Thread Information