Thread: Permanent Anti-Fog Coating ............

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Permanent Anti-Fog Coating ............

Permanent Ant-Fog coatings have never made it in our field, because of the following reason:

A hydrophilic (Anti-Fog) coating gets ineffective after 4-6 month of use because it saturates with humidity and the stops being effective. There was one invented in Japan a few years ago, but only worked 4-5 month and was retired from the local market.

Knowing from my MicroTints system that microwaves can do some chemical wonders altering molecules in cert aim materials I have come up with a humidity cure coating material that is easily applied in an office environment without expensive equipment. The coating does superbly adhere to un-coated or hard coated lenses from CR39 to High Index.

The ultimate test to check the effects is the freezer test, by placing treated lenses into a freezer for 30 seconds and then removing it to room temperature. If treated properly the surface will stay clear and will not fog up on the treated surface.

This coating will also saturate after a certain time of use and stop its AntiFog properties. These properties can be renwed by placing the lenses into a microwave and expose them for 60 seconds of high power. The lenses will get warm and after coooling off are again fully active and will have renewed anti-fog properties.

The final layer is hard slippery, super hydrophobic and hydriphilic athe same time and also acts as an anti scratch treatment.

It will not work on AR coated lenses as the layer is too thick and alters the AR coating properties.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Where is this at on your website??

Occupation

Blue Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    Where is this at on your website??
    Jaccqui.....................when you asked the question I was running around for this and for that, pork roast and all the trimmings, I am the cook, gourmet chef in my house, wife is good at basics.

So I jumped the gun by announcing something new without the backup, sorry about that. It is there now had to do it during cocktail hour instead of indulging in my scotch.
    It is at http://optochemicals.com/paf_antifog.htm

I fyou have any questions throw them at me. I just did not want Essilor making the claim of being the first one, they will discover it in 6 years. :D

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Old thread on anti-fog

[QUOTE=Chris Ryser;265787]Jaccqui.....................when you asked the question I was running around for this and for that, pork roast and all the trimmings, I am the cook, gourmet chef in my house, wife is good at basics.

So I jumped the gun by announcing something new without the backup, sorry about that. It is there now had to do it during cocktail hour instead of indulging in my scotch.
    It is at http://optochemicals.com/paf_antifog.htm

Chris, I was searching for an anti-fog treatment when I found this old post.Anything new for AR coated lenses? And more importantly, how did you cook the pork roast?
    Bob

Occupation

Redhot Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5 View Post
    Chris, I was searching for an anti-fog treatment when I found this old post.Anything new for AR coated lenses? And more importantly, how did you cook the pork roast?
    Bob
    Bob.........Punch a lot of slots into meat with a sharp knive and stuff garlic pieces into it. Apply a good coating of french mustard around it which will seal the pores, not by spin or dipcoating but by massaging. Shove into oven and roast a 350F until done.
    Best tasting poark roast is done with a piece of neck, a little fatty but has a superb taste. You need a good butcher to find it because they wont have it in a regular meat counter.

As for Anti-Fog treatments I have the Zero-Fog which is successfully sold by Opticians in Canada were it is very cold in Winter and well needed. As it works beautiful on swimmgoggles it is also sold by some swimgoggle companies outside and inside the net.

As for AR my slick coat, you can apply in house onto non slick coated AR lenses that contains anti-fog properties is still one of my favorites.

Have a good pork roast and use a anti fog on your glasses before opening the oven door.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Bob.........Punch a lot of slots into meat with a sharp knive and stuff garlic pieces into it. Apply a good coating of french mustard around it which will seal the pores, not by spin or dipcoating but by massaging. Shove into oven and roast a 350F until done.
    Best tasting poark roast is done with a piece of neck, a little fatty but has a superb taste. You need a good butcher to find it because they wont have it in a regular meat counter.

Have a good pork roast and use a anti fog on your glasses before opening the oven door.
    What? Not in the microwave???!!???:bbg:
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation

Blue Jumper I you could make a nice porkroast in the microwave................

Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post

What? Not in the microwave???!!???

Johns...............I you could make a nice porkroast in the microwave, I would change profession immediately, patent the system and become an undertaker and make millions even during the recesssion. :cheers:

Thread Information