I had sent this with my original post, but I'm not sure if anyone read it. So I'll send it now:

Need help with PAL Rx/sunglasses--pt. problem
Okay, so the woman I talked about in my original post picked up her sunglasses today. She decided to go with the Kate Spade "Jacqueline" zyl frame. She liked them, at least the way they fit and looked on her.
She went with a Comfort Airwear polarized gray poly carb.

However, she called at the end of the day and left a message. She said that after wearing them awhile, she really noticed an eye strain, almost like they might be too strong, to the point of wanting to take them off--now. She expected them to feel different when she first put them on--but this seemed to worsen as she wore them. It's not a progressive-thing, she said. She's entirely used to that. She's worn Varilux for 14 years. Her everyday glasses are a short corrider (Ellipse.) Loves them.

She said that the everything is where it should be re; distance, close-up, mid. It's just that they seem to strain her eyes. And, when she changes into her Ellipses her eyes have an adjustment period. I can see that.

It doesn't seem like the Rx has changed that much. Here is the new Rx and the one from 2 years ago under it. Can just that amount alter the way she sees out of them? Oh she had us put a slight pano tilt which she says always seems to help with distance vision, ever so slightly though.

New Rx 2008

sphere cyl axis
OD -4.25 -2.25 20
OS -5.00 -1.25 170

ADD +2.50

R--Seg Ht. 21
L--Seg Ht. 22

MonStd
R 27.5
L 27.5
Rx 2006

OD -4.25 -2.00 015
OS -4.75 -1.50 170
ADD +2.50

Her old sunglasses were made in 1999. She's worn them almost everyday since then. The recently broke (metal) She found that old Rx. Strange, but her ADD was +3.25!

Rx 1999

R sphere -4.75 cyl -2.00 axis 10
L -4.50 1.50 axis 176 ADD +3.25

So what do you think is happening? She's not having any of the typical PAL adjustment as I mentioned. Just this feeling of the lenses being too strong...or something! Her eyes feel very tired and achy she said. Worried that it won't go away. Any advice?