Hoya
    Essilor
    Rodenstock
    Zeiss
    Seiko
    kodak

I know that Hoya does.

Comment

Now what is your definition of "Freeform"?

Comment

You can add Indo and Augen to your list

Comment

You can add ICE-TECH

ICE-TECH designs there own lenses. We make individualized lenses for wrap around sunwear as well as dress wear PALs.

We do not have a great deal of detailed information on our website but you can get an idea of our capabilities.

Comment

freeform software developers

Indizen and Optixx are 2 software start-ups that developed free form software.

please let meknow if you know of any other software/design providers

thanks,
            alain

Comment

Originally posted by aserels View Post
              please let meknow if you know of any other software/design providers
              Indo, IOT and Crossbows. There is also a lens called Bowtie, but I know nothing more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by optigrrl View Post
                Now what is your definition of "Freeform"?
                Use the search feature to find all of the many lengthy threads on this topic.

Comment

Rodenstock does

Comment

Not Augen

Originally posted by Jacqui View Post
                    You can add Indo and Augen to your list
                    Augen likes to call their lenses 'freeform' because the glass mold they cast the front-side PAL design with is cut with freeform technology. They are actually a front-side cast lens. They may or may not use freeform technology to grind the backside. The person I spoke with at their booth at VEW said that they will soon be launching a true freeform lens.
                    -Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TLG View Post
                      Augen likes to call their lenses 'freeform' because the glass mold they cast the front-side PAL design with is cut with freeform technology. They are actually a front-side cast lens. They may or may not use freeform technology to grind the backside. The person I spoke with at their booth at VEW said that they will soon be launching a true freeform lens.
                      I was mis-imformed. I was told they are true minus side freeform.

Comment

you can check out the lens guru theres a list of designs.

Comment

How about adding one more company "TOKAI" in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by TLG View Post
                            Originally posted by Jacqui View Post
                            I was mis-imformed. I was told they are true minus side freeform.
                            Have you guys/gals seen the Free-form generator they're offering? It looks like an Augen branded Schneider? Anyone know anthing on that one?

Comment

Originally posted by braheem24 View Post
                              Have you guys/gals seen the Free-form generator they're offering? It looks like an Augen branded Schneider? Anyone know anthing on that one?
                              I've seen it, but haven't been able to get any info on it. Is it Schneider or is it one of the Japanese machines?? The Japanese are or were making thier own freeform surfacing units.

Comment

Working...
                              X