Thread: look what LC has cooked up

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

look what LC has cooked up

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I couldn't stomach sitting through the video. Anyone care to explain what this is all about?

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    while the concept is unique, I hope they do not use it as commercials for the consumers. The idea of selling "more units" will turn people off.

Master OptiBoarder Crazy-bout-Optics's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is old news to those that read the Professional Forum.

~Crazy ;-)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    while the concept is unique, I hope they do not use it as commercials for the consumers.
    Oh yes do! Please do! The American public loves arrogance from it's retail giants. Humble never sells. And they truely love the statement "unbeatable". It reminds them of the....well the Titanic for example, or Nazi Germany. Heck, I swear I even saw and heard the audience give a "Sieg Heil!" at the end there. I wonder how well it would go over on YouTube?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Now that I'm finished throwing up in my mouth....... Apparently LC has seen one too many presidential campaign ads. Although, maybe we should start showing this propaganda in Iraq. If it works on LC associates, maybe it will work there!

My favorite part of the whole thing was "I owe LC more than she could ever owe me." So it's true, they really are after my soul!!!!:angry:

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have met Frank Baynham several times when I worked for LC. He is very motivational and seemed to be one of the most down-to-earth people in Lux's upper management. Nice to see corporate corruption in action. That is not the same man that invited my wife and I to dinner with him and 2 other regionals. I'm truly sorry to see Frank slide down into that pit.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_f_aboc View Post
    I have met Frank Baynham several times when I worked for LC. He is very motivational and seemed to be one of the most down-to-earth people in Lux's upper management. Nice to see corporate corruption in action. That is not the same man that invited my wife and I to dinner with him and 2 other regionals. I'm truly sorry to see Frank slide down into that pit.

Having met him recently, I have to agree with the first portion of your post. He was very down to earth and easy to talk to. Never once did he treat us like we were less than he was. So having said that, I think I've got to disagree with the latter half of your post. I don't believe corporate corruption is in action with him nor do I feel he's slid into a pit.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'm confused…when did promoting your products and trying to inspire your employees to reach a higher level come to mean that you’re corrupt and sliding into some kind of pit. Who wouldn’t want to sell multiple pairs and provide a level of service that translates into repeat sales.

Debt Crisis 2011: All the ostensible nobility in the world notwithstanding, we have run out of other people's money to spend.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    I'm confused…when did promoting your products and trying to inspire your employees to reach a higher level come to mean that you’re corrupt and sliding into some kind of pit. Who wouldn’t want to sell multiple pairs and provide a level of service that translates into repeat sales.
    IF you are advertising to your consumers and using the term "units," it can turn people off.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    IF you are advertising to your consumers and using the term "units," it can turn people off.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant for consumers. they wouldn't know who Frank and Drew are.

On the Sunset Tour! Framebender's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Flame suit on. . . . . !

I didn't see anything offensive. As an Optician I've used those same speeches to try to shape and motivate a crew. I have a friend who is an excellent Optician that works for LC. Not all of us are cut out to be soldiers, but not all soldiers have no skills. I don't know Mr Baynham but he seems excited to be doing what he's doing.

I hope you're all having fun and making money!

:cheers:
    Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

Red Sox Red Sox Red Sox optirep's Avatar
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Come on people!

This looks like it was intended for Retail employees. I'm quit sure it was meant to inspire the staff and make them laugh at the same time.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, it is meant for retail associates as part of the training. It should be just like it states....an UNBEATABLE EVENT!!!

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    Without ever meeting the man, I would not have ventured the comments that I made. Since I have met him, I was just stating that he is not the same person that I met several years ago. This may just be his own form of personal growth in the position. I think he is a great man with great potential and wish him well. He just sounds a lot more "corporate" and less personable that he did in the past.

I apologize if I have offended anyone with the comments I made.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have met Frank myself at Gift of Sight events.
    You could not meet a more genuine person, he's very motivating.
    Once at a GM conference event, he was up all night dancing at the party.
    The following morning everyone was still half asleep getting on the bus to the airport and he was jogging around the block, he would slow down to wave at the crowd. I was amazed at the energy this man had.

Unfortunately he has to play this game. It's his job to motivate the LC GMs and their retail associates. They have a lot @$$ kissing to do since the past 3 years LC has been positioning themselves as the fashion authority in the optical industry. When I was in LC one of our regionals told me that if our glasses were out of our customer's budget, then we should send them to Sears or BJs. He told me that LC is now "High- end."

:)

As if DKNY and D&G made in china frames are high end. :)

Frank is cool, but sometimes your job makes you do something corny.

:)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

speech

sounds like just another boring motivational speech to me, can,t say i heard anything offensive, or what just what you might expect to hear from someone in this position, over the years from different companies ive worked for including lux, i have heard many of these. the only part i disagree with, is when he states every lux employee will be successful, thats just a pipe dream that happens nowhere.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Wouldn't that depend on everyone's personal definition of success?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

success

full circle, i dont think so, i think in a large corporation such as LC, they expect more then average. there are always a certain percentage of people who are happy going nowhere and achieving nothing in thier life, thats fine for them, but it may not be fine for the company and i would expect is usually not.

Example, if your in a teamwork enviorment, which an LC store would be and you have a person who is not a team player, then its likely that person will tend to drag the store down, usually resulting in making everyone else,s task harder, so now thier happy, but are you?

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Link is now FORBIDDEN!

Behold the power of Optiboard!

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post

Link is now FORBIDDEN!

Dangit !! I wanted to see it.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I all honesty, would you want the public to be privy to what is said in the privacy of your office/backroom? Probably not. Would some of them be offended or shocked? Probably.

Back to work folks!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty View Post
    I all honesty, would you want the public to be privy to what is said in the privacy of your office/backroom?
    No, which is why I wouldn't put it on line for all to see. Seemed a typical(if a bit odd)rah rah rally the troops type thing. The internet is a very public place.

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I remember when they released the information about Scotchguard over the inter office information website. They offered no info about it in terms of what it was. It was sort of like a teaser. What else would anyone do that's interested in a new lens? I asked about it here on the Optiboard. The next morning I went to work and they had posted an ammendment to the release saying it was against company policy to discuss or talk about corporate news in internet forums. My heart jumped a little.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    I remember when they released the information about Scotchguard over the inter office information website. They offered no info about it in terms of what it was. It was sort of like a teaser. What else would anyone do that's interested in a new lens? I asked about it here on the Optiboard. The next morning I went to work and they had posted an ammendment to the release saying it was against company policy to discuss or talk about corporate news in internet forums. My heart jumped a little.

Yeah I have a feeling someone will be out of a job for posting this...
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Thread Information