Thread: How does Polygamy Hurt You?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

How does Polygamy Hurt You?

If a group of more than two consenting adults live as spouses (or spice, if you prefer), do you care?
    ...Just ask me...

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

What others care to do......

What others care to do is no concern of mine. Live and let live I say....but as for me, one woman in the home is quite sufficient! :D
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Simple:

It cuts down on the number of available women for the rest of us. Also with today's cost of raising children, it means the rest us (taxpayers) are going to have to provide most of the funds for the rearing , healthcare, etc. of same.
    We needs to keep our money. We needs as many straight women as possible left out there for those of us that are not ladykillers.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    What others care to do is no concern of mine. Live and let live I say....but as for me, one woman in the home is quite sufficient! :D
    More than sufficient!

Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Simple:

It cuts down on the number of available women for the rest of us. Also with today's cost of raising children, it means the rest us (taxpayers) are going to have to provide most of the funds for the rearing , healthcare, etc. of same.
    We needs to keep our money. We needs as many straight women as possible left out there for those of us that are not ladykillers.

Chip
    Chip, you're so old-fashioned. What if it's one woman and several men? That means more women for you to pick from. And if you had several wives, you may not feel the need to stray. What if the group included Bill Gates - he, obviously, can pay to raise his children and provide them with healthcare, etc.?
    ...Just ask me...

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    One woman in the home is more than sufficent! True
    But sometimes several outside the home that you don't have to support can be intersting if a bit dangerous.
    The plural of mouse is mice, the plural of louse is lice, does a man with more than one spouse have spice?

Chip

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    If a group of more than two consenting adults live as spouses (or spice, if you prefer), do you care?
    I don't care, as long as they are not noisy and obnoxiuos.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I do not care as long as it is not harming people, ie: forcing 14 year olds to become wives.

Really, what others decide to do is their choice. I have too many things in my own life that I have to take care of. Why should I obsess with others?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I couldn't possibly care less. As long as all parties are consenting adults polyamore and polygamy are fine.

Some days, I could use a second husband. Nah, scratch that. I need a sister wife. If I can't get the first hubby to empty the dishwasher odds are the second won't either! At least the sister wife probably will. My house would be so clean! I could come home after a long day of making eyewear to dinner. That I didn't make!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The only issue I have with polygamy, IF the unions are between consenting ADULTS, is the status of wives 2+. Because wives 2+ have no legal standing, they are able to apply for and receive state aid for their dependent children. That costs tax-paying citizens money. Now before you all start arguing about "welfare mothers living in the projects", consider this. The FLDS group at YFZ knowingly broke state law by practicing polygamy and then used the the welfare program to provide an income stream to support their lifestyle. I don't live in Texas, so it doesn't affect me personally, but it does affect tax-paying Texans. I suppose the solution in this case is to legitimize polygamy and stop that particular income stream.

Before you guys out there start high-fiving, remember the last arguement you had with your wife? Yeah? Multiply it!

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty View Post
    The only issue I have with polygamy, IF the unions are between consenting ADULTS, is the status of wives 2+. Because wives 2+ have no legal standing, they are able to apply for and receive state aid for their dependent children. That costs tax-paying citizens money. Now before you all start arguing about "welfare mothers living in the projects", consider this. The FLDS group at YFZ knowingly broke state law by practicing polygamy and then used the the welfare program to provide an income stream to support their lifestyle. I don't live in Texas, so it doesn't affect me personally, but it does affect tax-paying Texans. I suppose the solution in this case is to legitimize polygamy and stop that particular income stream.

Before you guys out there start high-fiving, remember the last arguement you had with your wife? Yeah? Multiply it!
    Well obviously if it became legal, and I am not pushing for it to be, the tax law would be alterned to reflect the changes.

35yroldguy
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Unfortunately there is only one Bill Gates! I guess there are too many of us old fashioned men! Whatever happened to the good old days?

More than sufficient!

Chip, you're so old-fashioned. What if it's one woman and several men? That means more women for you to pick from. And if you had several wives, you may not feel the need to stray. What if the group included Bill Gates - he, obviously, can pay to raise his children and provide them with healthcare, etc.?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    I couldn't possibly care less. As long as all parties are consenting adults polyamore and polygamy are fine.

Some days, I could use a second husband. Nah, scratch that. I need a sister wife. If I can't get the first hubby to empty the dishwasher odds are the second won't either! At least the sister wife probably will. My house would be so clean! I could come home after a long day of making eyewear to dinner. That I didn't make!
    Somebody sounds a little bit sexist!:p
    ...Just ask me...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Somebody sounds a little bit sexist!:p

LOL! Nah, you probably couldn't be farther from the truth. My DH and I just have a more "traditional" type marriage arrangement. I take care of the food, laundry, shopping, etc. He takes care of yard work, autos, etc. There's valid reasons for splitting up the items that way (he ruined my clothes trying to be helpful, I have grass allergies. He's a better mechanic than me, I'm more patient with brainless shoppers than him).

It's just that sometimes when I'm overworked and bordering on a cold, it would be nice to have a mini-me take care of everything so I can be lazy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    It's just that sometimes when I'm overworked and bordering on a cold, it would be nice to have a mini-me take care of everything so I can be lazy
    So do I!
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have a very nice arrangement in our home. I do the cooking, my wife does the baking. We split the dishes. I usually do the trash, though she takes a turn at it too.

Split the diaper duty, though she does most of the feeding…of course that’s cause Eliza is still breastfeeding ;)
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

Bad address email on file LilKim's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Hmm, I don't think I'd want a 3rd person living in our house. We're not married, but my boyfriend and I work and live together. We like our own down time in our separate den rooms for an hour or two before going to bed.

He and I try to split things evenly. He's a big guy, so if there's heavy-lifting to be done, that's on him. But if I mow the lawn, he uses the weed-eater to trim the rest and any hedges that might need it. I sweep the floor, he mops when I'm finished. Things like that.

But wow, a working, live-together relationship of 3+, that takes compromise. I'm sure that "normal" multi-partner relationships evenly delegate tasks so no one person carries the burden, schedule days off with each other, takes the kids, etc. The pay off would be 50/50: More people in the house means more food to buy, laundry to do, and increased chances of arguments, but on the plus side, everything is split and individuals get more leisure time. Just as long as no one gets jealous! That'd be me--ain't NO ONE gonna touch my man! *shakes head and wags finger with attitude*

Thread Information