Thread: Gabrielle's hit on Tampa

Optical Educator
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Gabrielle's hit on Tampa

Hello Everyone,

In light of what is going on, our little trouble in Tampa is minimal, but yesterday a huge tree fell from my neighbor's yard into, and through our cage, into our pool, and almost into our house.

My 6 year old daughter and I were about to watch and participate in the service mass on CNN when she thought she saw a leak from the screen over the pool...

Our neighbor called to say that his tree was falling toward our house, and as we were on the phone, my daughter and I saw it taking down the entire cage and falling toward us. We ran in the opposite direction and are fine.

Seeing the bent, twisted metal with debri everywhere out my living room is only putting me into a deeper funk. I am still in the sad mode...I just want to cry alot. I am glad I am not getting on a plane to speak at Expo West on Wed. I just want to be here with my family.

Love to everyone,

Laurie : (

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Laurie,

I am so very glad that you and your family are safe. The storm isn't over, yet. With all that is happening, we need to remember that other things are still happening aside from the terrorists acts.

Take care, and we'll talk soon.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Wink

Laurie, So very glad you weren't hurt, glad VEW was cancelled, so we all don't have to stress out trying to get there. My meeting this weekend in Montreal was postponed also, and this is the first Saturday in 30 years that we have closed the office for business, it's pretty weird, but I know it'll be OK. It is so very tragic to see what happened in NYC, just hope my NY friends are OK. Al.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

So glad you're okay

That must have truly been frightening. Nerves are so on edge now that I'm sure everything is magnified from how we would normally react. I'm sorry about your beautiful pool area, gosh it was just a short time ago the four of us were sitting there with a nice bottle of wine but it seems like forever now. Sorry we won't be seeing each other this week in Vegas, but so very happy you'll be home with your family. Hugs to all of you.

Thread Information