Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Increasing Sales Numbers

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamelina View Post
    I have worked in an environment where I was pushed to sell. They wanted everyone in poly or 1.67 never cr39 and AR/Transitions were VERY important...not for the quality or satisfaction, but for the numbers and money. It didn't work for me. I don't like pushing something that isn't needed. I've found that honesty = success. Before asking a patient what they want, I explain the pros and cons of each option and let them make an educated decision. This makes them more comfortable and appreciated and sales go up. Something that works in the office I currently work for is giving a discount for a second pair. We give 50% off for a single vision second pair, or 30% off for a bifocal or progressive second pair. This works great for people who want a prescription pair of sunglasses.:)

From friends at Sears they say this is the same situation they have to endure.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Here Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    More clevage. Shorter skirts. Works every time!
    I used to wear, what was called, "The Dress" by my manager. He noticed, when I wore it, sales went UP! I have since, always tried to have one in my arsenal.

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamelina View Post
    I've found that honesty = success. Before asking a patient what they want, I explain the pros and cons of each option and let them make an educated decision. This makes them more comfortable and appreciated and sales go up.
    Aren't you oversimplifying things just a little? Don't you ever have to persuade anyone at all?
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

35yroldguy
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I happen to agree with Harry! In my store I give a 3% commission on every pair of eyeglasses my staff sells. Yes sometimes even though the optician/salesperson gives them all the right information they try to sell them something that does not fit their needs or wants. They go after all that they can get out of each customer! Is this wrong? It is when you see less clientele entering your door!

Quote Originally Posted by LandLord View Post
    Harry, I do get it. You think contests make people greedy. I disagree. A contest doesn't mean you sell what isn't needed.

1. What percentage of all eyeglass wearers could benefit from Transitions lenses?

2. What percentage of YOUR eyeglass clients purchase Transitions lenses from YOU?

If your answers to the above 2 questions are not the same, then you are doing your customers a disservice. You would be helping them more by referring them to Tika's store where they will likely be sold Transitions because the contest reminded and encouraged employees to suggest it to the clients.

Do you get it now?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Caree View Post
    I used to wear, what was called, "The Dress" by my manager. He noticed, when I wore it, sales went UP! I have since, always tried to have one in my arsenal.

Arsenal, now thats artillery! :cheers:

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is apropos of nothing, but...
    "I'd rather hang with the intellectual dweebs"
    Since when does not only enjoying the Star Wars movies, but enjoying them enough to call yourself any derivation of "Jedi" on a public forum, make you an intellectual?
    There's a difference between "intellectual" and "dweeb." The former has friends; the latter has Star Wars.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I agree...... but my friends Lobot, Chewbacca and Red Leader did not see the humor in that.
    "Just keep digging son, and soon we can buy frames direct"

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Move to New Zealand Mate

We have 130 something qualified and registered dispensing opticians in New Zealand. With over 500 optometrists, and now the major chains looking at entering the market place (Specsavers - and Luxottica is expanding with another brand).

Here D.O.'s are respected, given the appropriate time with clients to help them make informed decisions on products. We get great education - and we have a growing association. We just need more people who believe in what they do. Why don't you give clean air, green grass under your feet, blue skies overhead - miles of coastline, bungy jumping, adventure sports, rugby, cricket, and great shopping, fine food, etc a go.!

I'm an American who flew over for a holiday, and stayed for a life!
    http://www.opticiansboard.org.nz/Sit...Graduates.aspx

Registration isn't easy - but if you love optics, it's worth it. The planet's best kept secret is New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoptician View Post
    The problem in our profession today is that Opticians are loosing respect because of being considered nothing but salesmen! .

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Against the Rule View Post
    This is apropos of nothing, but...
    "I'd rather hang with the intellectual dweebs"
    Since when does not only enjoying the Star Wars movies, but enjoying them enough to call yourself any derivation of "Jedi" on a public forum, make you an intellectual?
    There's a difference between "intellectual" and "dweeb." The former has friends; the latter has Star Wars.

As I said before and will say again You are what you are: "90 degrees off axis"
    just my take

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Caree View Post
    Never hurts to dress for success. I was applying my make-up yesterday morning and my roomie noticed what I was wearing. He said "whatever you're selling, I'll take two." Sales to the "old guys" really were proportionately higher for the day. ;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    Never hurts to dress for success. I was applying my make-up yesterday morning and my roomie noticed what I was wearing. He said "whatever you're selling, I'll take two." Sales to the "old guys" really were proportionately higher for the day. ;)

Those dirty old men! :D :cheers:

Thread Information