Or was in Vision Monday?..hmm..I'll have to check on Monday, but if you read the article by the "Harvard" students (who won an award BTW) on trying to produce optics and frames cheaply?
Am I the only one who saw some very flawed results in the article? As an example they stated in the paper about the wanted to "stack" lens when they needed a new RX and the example they gave was "if someone was a -2.00 and now was a -5.00 just stack a -3.00 into the frame" am I that much smarter than those award winning Harvard group or have I been missing out on a lot of optics somewhere when you know it is not that simple to "add" in a stack like that ?:finger: (those pesky small things like vertex, spectacle magnification, reflection, dispersion, scattering of light, etc., etc..)
After that erroneous statement on how they would "stack" those two I got to wondering about the rest of their project and how they could not have used anyone in the actual optical field for helping in the dynamics of optics.. and I was hoping they would explain how they would come up with the problem of adding compounds and crossing cylinders?
Anyone else read that article? Have any thoughts on it?

Jeff "wonder who the "judge" was who gave the award" Trail