Hello I'm new to this forum. Forgive me if my format is incorrect.

I am currently the office manager for a group of Optometrists and I have a few questions that I thought this would be the prefect place to ask.

First off does anyone know the legality of not having an optician in an optical. My doctors have informed me that everyone in the building is practicing under the constraints of their liscense and that we do not have to have an optician. While a few other people have told me that we must have an optician to dispense.

Secondly, I have no clue how to recommend a lens for a patient with an extremely high sphere like a -16. I currently have two that we put in polycarb, but the center thickness in 1.5 and the edge thickness is about half to 3/4 an inch on a small frame. The patient's current lenses are much thinner, but the doctor wanted polycarb because the other eye is blind. Any suggestions?

Thirdly, does anyone have any experience with Marmore for used edgers in Miami? I am trying to update our office and get a new edger and this company seems to have the best prices, but I'm worried about the quality.

I think that about covers the major questions that have been bothering me as of late. I'm trying to bring my office into the modern era, but it seems to be a real struggle. Almost every optician I've meet seems to genuinely offer help to me and you all also seem to be perfectionists which is I guess necessary for this profession.
thank you