Thread: Transition VI Demo

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Transition VI Demo

I have searched the forum, contacted my lab rep, and even searched the internet, but I cannot find anywhere to get a Transition VI demo. I am still using the IV and V demos and needless to say are no longer the best tool available to sell the lenses.

Can anyone direct me to these?
    Its hard to sound credible when you say, "It works just like this...only better and faster. ...Really!"

Thanks a bunch!

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree it is important to demonstrate it. I signed up for a demo lens at the transition meeting last week at the Marriot. Did you go? I notice you live in Texas. They are also having a seminar in Houston. Ask your lab rep for a sample.

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I went to www.transitions.com and the only demonstrator POP they had were those brochures with the film.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    I went to www.transitions.com and the only demonstrator POP they had were those brochures with the film.
    Oh, I hope that is not what they send me!

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That is what I was offered. I will stick with the old gray and brown demo card with the velcro.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have a new trans VI demonstrater, instead of velcro, the card slides halfway across the lens to show the difference between exposure to light versus not. What I don't like about it is they added AR to the lens, and I don't care what Transistions says, with AR they don't get as dark. I still have the old velcro demonstrater w/ brown and grey (trans V) and the lenses get darker under our black light demonstrater because they don't have AR applied to them.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I have a new trans VI demonstrater, instead of velcro, the card slides halfway across the lens to show the difference between exposure to light versus not. What I don't like about it is they added AR to the lens, and I don't care what Transistions says, with AR they don't get as dark. I still have the old velcro demonstrater w/ brown and grey (trans V) and the lenses get darker under our black light demonstrater because they don't have AR applied to them.
    MEB and to the other posters,

For Transitions VI, there are 4 demo cards. A Transitions lens with a generic AR and one each from Carl Zeiss Vision, Essilor Lens and HOYA Vision Care North America. The cards from the 3 lens manufacturers are Transitions VI planos with their premium AR.

The Lens Manufacturer cards are available through your account manager. The Transitions card is from our CS department. You can order them online or call CS. Each order is tracked so we know who has what type of card you received.

MEB, on one point I have to disagree with you, there is no discernable performance difference in an AR Transitions lens and non AR. I have worn nearly every AR Transitions (by that I mean the premium AR's from the three companies mentioned above plus Satis, I Coat's and Leybolds offerings, and it has been years since I have seen a difference...probably Transitions III days and that was with non premium AR's.

That being said, our Transitions issued demo unit is not for showing how dark a lens will get. It is a 35 second activation to show color. People wanted to know what color gray or brown the lens turned.

Since the demo box is not large enough to place two cards in it....so I pulled a generic AR Transitions VI gray out of its holder along with a non AR Transitions VI plano and ran them one cycle in the demo unit...they were identical in performance.

I have taken the generic AR demo outside with a non AR Transitions VI and both activated and faded with the same performance.

I hope this helps with the procurement of your Transitions VI tools.
    have a great day,
    Jim
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jim, thanks for your reply, very concise, but in my case it reminds me of the panamic when it came out. I spent 3 days in tampa listening to frenchmen talk about how much better the panamic was than the comfort in every quadrant of vision. They showed us double blinded studies done in both france and at the university of illinois optometry school. The problem was, it ended up not being as useful for patients once they were used out in the offices of the US. I think because comforts ended up being a softer desing, and panamics were longer and narrower. But in any event, I used that example to use regarding usage of transitions 5 cr39 compared to trans 5 cr39 with AR. Years ago, I called transistions, and it may have even been you I talked to, and was told just what you said just above me here, that AR enhances transitions. It has been our experience that AR doesnt allow transitions to get as dark as trans w/out ar. We love and use both of them with regularity, but combined we have had some remakes because they didnt darken enough.
    In regards to our demo, it ends up having crizal over the trans6, and we put it under our 35 second demonstrator with an uncut trans6 with no ar today, and the non ARed lens turned out to get twice as dark. That's all I know.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    MEB, PM me your fax and I will fax you the order form for one!
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    be careful with this type of generic activation unit. The new technologies will not activate correctly in this unit. This applies to all Transitions branded lenses but the other photochromic lenses also in the NAM market. Best to contact your photochromic lens supplier and find out the best unit to present the lenses to your patients.
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    This unit will work with any type of photochromic lens. It is a UV light source and a fancy casing.

Thread Information