Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with hoyalux FD 1.6

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Win C View Post
    Haha...I agree with you, especially with such low add.

I have continued to fit the FD for the sole reason that it's "quite cheap" here in singapore. My rep has been telling me that his feedback from other opticians is that FD is a very good lens with very few complains. On the contrary, I have complain like 50% to 70% of the time with FD from my customers.

The most recent one is a patient who used to wear Sola XL transitions and then I switched him over to FD suntech. He complained that distance peripheral vision is "restricted" and not as "natural" as compared to his XL. Prescription is the same in both.

A little bit of update regarding this patient.

Hoya lab remade 1 pair but same problem still exist. THe lab was trying to find out what the problem is but I think they gave up.

In the end, they decided to refit this patient into a Hoya Summit Pro 1.5 Transitions. When he came to collect his glasses, he mentioned that it's much better than previous pair (hoya FD/ id lifestyle) in terms of peripheral vision.

My hoya rep likes to put the blame on the customers, always telling me that there must be some problem with the customers when they can't adapt. This customer is fine after changing lens design. THe funny thing is , I am getting more non adapts/complaints with Hoya FD than summit pro/ GP/ GP wide and Hoya FD is supposed to be a better/ more advance design than summit pro.

I have since given up on Hoya FD. I am now fitting Seiko back surface progressives (in replacement of hoya FD) with a lot more success.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post
    I would think any lens with a +0.75 add would be almost like a single vision lens. :)
    I'm now wearing a +1.00 Add in the Hoyalux iD, and it's still virtually like a single vision lens :)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Lifestyle probs

Quote Originally Posted by Win C View Post
    Funny thing is, the hoya rep told me that patients will benefit more from the short corridor design than the long one. I think i got more complaints for the short design than the long one.

THey did not tell me what is wrong with the returned FD. So I am not sure what's wrong too.

same probs here normally fit physio, with id hoya rep said fit the short corridor always and fit it 2-3mm below pupil centre.

most of our pxs wanted to lower there head even though panto tilt was good and fit excellent. was tild by rep the add comes in very quick and to fit low.personally not confident with the lens anymore, gone back yo physios

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I think I have asked this before but not sure where.

I found that for most hoya progressive lens, power prescribed is not attained at the fitting cross but 1 or 2 mm above it (the standard position where u are supposed to measure the dist power.

I have stopped prescribing Hoya FD precisely because of this problem. A lot of my patients seems to find their dist a bit blurry (about -0.25 less than prescribed)

So I would like to know for most progressive, are power prescribed supposed to be at fitting cross and not some dist above the fitting cross?

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by iiiiisoptom View Post
    I'm now wearing a +1.00 Add in the Hoyalux iD, and it's still virtually like a single vision lens :)
    Try it in a +2.00 or stronger add and come back and talk to us.

Thread Information