Thread: Weco 440

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Weco 440

Okay, I'm calling on the great wisdom of Opti-board.:D

I picked up a Weco 440 yesterday from a fellow optiboarder and its been about 15yrs since I ran one. I would like to find some one that could get me a copy of an operations manual or at the very least I could use a refresher course on the basic operations.

Post in here or PM me,

Thanks, BMH

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have a few manuals(and a 440 or two stashed away as well!) stored away at home. I will check later tonight for you.

Basically: Its been a while for me as well-going from memory(don't hold me to it)

Button to far right runs full cycle. Next button is for bevel wheel only, next is pause and far left is power.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

U Da Man

I figured as much... FEZZ

A copy of the manual would be awesome. There are some other knobs and such on this machine. One one the lower right front corner, black in color. I'm thinking this controls water flow but I don't have the machine operational yet. Then on the left side in the middle of the body is an adjustment knob/screw with clock like position marker lines. I'm not sure what it adjusts.

Other than that, it would be cool just to have a complete understanding of the machine from a manual.

Thanks again. I'll wait to hear from you.

BMH:cheers::cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    I figured as much... FEZZ

A copy of the manual would be awesome. There are some other knobs and such on this machine. One one the lower right front corner, black in color. I'm thinking this controls water flow but I don't have the machine operational yet. Then on the left side in the middle of the body is an adjustment knob/screw with clock like position marker lines. I'm not sure what it adjusts.

Other than that, it would be cool just to have a complete understanding of the machine from a manual.

Thanks again. I'll wait to hear from you.

BMH:cheers::cheers:
    You are correct about the water flow knob. The adjustment screw thingy-Don't touch!!!!

If I remember right, that controls how much material is taken off with each cycle. I seem to remember that being ultra sensitive and a real P.I.A.

Also, The sizing dialis obviously at the top. Some 440's had an issue where the dial would get very loose, and you had to have a special "clip" that was coated and took up the slack. Just something to keep in mind. I usually kept a handful of them on hand.

Good Luck!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I remember running the Weco when I was pregnant and accidently hitting the water pump control switch more than once with my big belly...

Ahh.. happy memories :)

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Just sent an email to Briot to see what archives they may have. Will let you know if they reply. :)

K

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you but I tried that first with no help. Unless you have some inside contact I would expect...

"Sorry but we no longer have an copies of that manual"

The interesting thing is that now Briot will think there is some demand for it. Two emails in one day about the Weco 440. I bet they scrap all the patternless stuff and start producing the 440 again.

:hammer:

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Okay, I'm calling on the great wisdom of Opti-board.:D

I picked up a Weco 440 yesterday from a fellow optiboarder and its been about 15yrs since I ran one. I would like to find some one that could get me a copy of an operations manual or at the very least I could use a refresher course on the basic operations.

Post in here or PM me,

Thanks, BMH
    I hope it has the big microswitches.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Okay I'll bite

Would you care to elaborate about the microswitches? How do I tell which ones I have?

Banned
    Occupation
    The small ones were lots of trouble. The roller was on the long end away from the switch buttons. The big ones had the rollers right on top of the switch buttons. By the roller I mean the piece that turns against the cams. That machine was sold by Coburn. They even offered a "deal" on a replacement rack of microswitches.

Thread Information