Thread: HELP Experience Opticians and Optometrists

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

HELP Experience Opticians and Optometrists

Does anyone have pictures of a Round Seg 22, Ultex A, Blended 28? Anyone heard of a faded bifocal? or is it also called as a blended bifocal or fused bifocal? I have this crazy lady customer that keep accusing me of lying to her about not having a "faded bifocal" when I told her in the beginning that she is already getting a Pentax progressive lens which is suppose to be one of the top. I told her that we don't have those "faded bifocal" lenses and she accused me of luring her in buying the glasses with progressive lenses.:angry: Would you guys give her a refund? Help :(

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Never heard the term "faded", though it sounds like a blended. A fused bifocal/trifocal is only referred to in glass lenses where a different index of glass is "fused" to the lens to create the bifocal/trifocal section.

I would not refund, but remake if the patient still wanted a blended seg after carefully going over the differences in lens designs.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would refund. Epxlain yourself again and give full refund. She cant be mad if you give her money back, but she'll talk bad about you if you don't.
    LDO, ABOC, NCLEC

Slow down everyone your moving to fast, frames can't catch you when your moving like that!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by genzcop View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of a Round Seg 22, Ultex A, Blended 28? Anyone heard of a faded bifocal? or is it also called as a blended bifocal or fused bifocal? I have this crazy lady customer that keep accusing me of lying to her about not having a "faded bifocal" when I told her in the beginning that she is already getting a Pentax progressive lens which is suppose to be one of the top. I told her that we don't have those "faded bifocal" lenses and she accused me of luring her in buying the glasses with progressive lenses.:angry: Would you guys give her a refund? Help :(
    Did you look at what she was already wearing?
    I agree she probably means a blended bifocal. Remake.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Dragon:
    Look in your lens catalogues pictures of every type bifocal are there.
    There was a blended Seamless round seg a few years ago that had about 2.5mm distortion at the seg.line and very little distortion above or below. I do not think this is available anymore.

Chip

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Could she mean the now discontinued "Smart Seg"? It looked like a progressive FT 28 without the shelf. Never caught on though.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Dragon:
    Look in your lens catalogues pictures of every type bifocal are there.
    There was a blended Seamless round seg a few years ago that had about 2.5mm distortion at the seg.line and very little distortion above or below. I do not think this is available anymore.

Chip
    Chip, I believe that was the Coburn EZ-2Vue lens,now made by CZV. Compared to the Younger Blended, the blend zone was significantly narrower. I rather liked it as a blended seg.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyefish View Post
    I would refund. Epxlain yourself again and give full refund. She cant be mad if you give her money back, but she'll talk bad about you if you don't.
    Not true in the least. You give her money back, she now 'knows' she was right, you've admitted you were lieing. Ask her if she can explain what she means by a faded bifocal. If she can't accurately explain what she's on about, walk her through the different types of lenses. Chances are, she's just confused by the terminology, and she actually does want a progressive.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I would get a kryptok lens from the lab and show her and see if this is what she is after.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Did you look at what she was already wearing?
    I agree she probably means a blended bifocal. Remake.
    she never wore any glasses and she wears her mother's old glasses. she said she wants what her mother has and i looked at her mother's glasses it was a progressive for sure because there was an add and symbol laser marking on it. unless i am wrong and that there are laser markings on certain bifocals too, and her mother keep saying that the one's she's wearing is a bifocal. her ignorance annoys me so much i want to tell her to sthu because she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. i would want to refund because i don't want them to sue us for her lack of knowledge and wins over it because the justice system is just....you know.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Do what we do up here in the great white north, eh, everytime she uses the word bifocal or blended, slap her as hard as you can across the face. Just keep whacking her left handed or right handed, both work equally well in most situations, eventually, she will stop asking for a bifocal.

Don't feel as though you are in any way required to do what she wants. The 'sale' goes in the direction that you lead it. Dont let the old hag make you sh#t your pants over a law suit. No judge would ever rule against you in a situation like this.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by opti-refractonator View Post
    Do what we do up here in the great white north, eh, everytime she uses the word bifocal or blended, slap her as hard as you can across the face. Just keep whacking her left handed or right handed, both work equally well in most situations, eventually, she will stop asking for a bifocal.

Don't feel as though you are in any way required to do what she wants. The 'sale' goes in the direction that you lead it. Dont let the old hag make you sh#t your pants over a law suit. No judge would ever rule against you in a situation like this.

And to think, I thought the back alleys of Loredo were rough!!!!

:drop:

Bad address email on file abocandy's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Omg

Quote Originally Posted by opti-refractonator View Post

That is too funny!!

Bad address email on file abocandy's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Remake

I say Remake, AFTER you show her the evidence.
    Your lab should be able to send you actual lenses for demo.
    does anyone even use ultex anymore are they still available??
    If it has laser Markings it is a PAL.

Hang in there!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It could be something other than a PAL and still have marking, but chances are, it wasn't something her mom had... take the Essilor Anti-Fatigue lens, not quite a PAL, but not something her mom had years ago either. What exactly is she complaining about? That they're not the same? If she can't explain what her issue is, kindly (or not kindly) ask her to leave and never come back. No refunds, no exchanges, just out. There's no problem with her glasses. You were under an obligation to make her a pair of glasses. As long as you explained to her what you were doing, you've filled that obligation. If you don't want to take the harsh route, just give her money back, and leave it be.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKnight View Post
    It could be something other than a PAL and still have marking, but chances are, it wasn't something her mom had... take the Essilor Anti-Fatigue lens, not quite a PAL, but not something her mom had years ago either. What exactly is she complaining about? That they're not the same? If she can't explain what her issue is, kindly (or not kindly) ask her to leave and never come back. No refunds, no exchanges, just out. There's no problem with her glasses. You were under an obligation to make her a pair of glasses. As long as you explained to her what you were doing, you've filled that obligation. If you don't want to take the harsh route, just give her money back, and leave it be.
    she have no problem seeing with the glasses she's just mad. i told her if she have any problems with it there is a 3 month warranty on the lenses and she can change it back to bifocal if she wants. then she say she wants the "faded bifocal" because some optometrist said he/she is wearing a "faded bifocal" and i told her we don't have those. then she accuses me of lying to her and luring her in buying the glasses in the beginning. :angry:

Thread Information