Thread: Need Gamma Tracing Table

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Need Gamma Tracing Table

I am in need of Gamma Tracing table that works.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Question Gamma Tracer

Back in 2003 you posted that you needed a Gamma tracer table.

How did you resolve the problem, did you ever find one. I am also looking for one now. Let me know if you found one. I can get one from Gerber but I don't want to spend $2,800 at the present time. Did you find a better way?

Frank

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No, I didn't find one. The problem with my tracer was the front clamp was broken, so I had to order a new front jaw assembly for about $600 and I replaced it myself.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi,
    If you guys are still having problems with the gamma tracer let me know, I can help, have lots of parts, and know how to fix, ex essilor/gerber/coburn tech of 10 years

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    getting error E 15 which i was told was a problem with the motor that measures the pressure on the stylus on the frame and not sending adaquate information to the system. The motor is not sold by colbern and it is not easy to install. Do you have any sugestion on fixing the problem without spending a ton of money in replacing the tracer?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecatcher View Post
    getting error E 15 which i was told was a problem with the motor that measures the pressure on the stylus on the frame and not sending adaquate information to the system. The motor is not sold by colbern and it is not easy to install. Do you have any sugestion on fixing the problem without spending a ton of money in replacing the tracer?
    Did you try to calibrate the table with the 2 calibration gauges?

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Need Gamma Tracer

I did try to calibrate the table with the one of the calibration gauges. I believe the othe gauge is for alignment of the blocking.
    I spoke to a rep. from Gerber today he feels it the motor that turns the tracer table.
    The problem, error E15 comes up most of the time, so it sounds like a problem with the motor or related issues. I don't see a problem with the two relay thay change the direction of the motor. I'm looking into replacing the motor instead of replacing the whole tracer table.
    Anyone have any experience in replacing this motor? I may be able to get the motor now.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My bad, I was thinking you had a Kappa table, which does need two calibrations guages to calibrate the table. You can give the new Essilor Instruments a call and verify the error message at 855-393-4637 (EZ-Finish). I know they are selling parts at a substantially lower price than Gerber/Coburn. You may be able to replace the tracing core only whcih is a lot easier than replacing the motor.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    This may be helpful, Coburn Technologies (formerly Gerber Coburn) offers factory certified rebuilt Gamma Tracing Tables. They definitely work and they are reasonably priced. You can reach Coburn at 1-800-262-8761. There are new Gamma Tracing Tables as well but the rebuilt parts are popular and are less expensive.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by curtbrey View Post
    This may be helpful, Coburn Technologies (formerly Gerber Coburn) offers factory certified rebuilt Gamma Tracing Tables. They definitely work and they are reasonably priced. You can reach Coburn at 1-800-262-8761. There are new Gamma Tracing Tables as well but the rebuilt parts are popular and are less expensive.
    Thanks for the info. What does a rebuilt and new Gamma tracing table cost these days?

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    That info you can easily get from Coburn's customer service department. Please call 1-800-262-8761 and request a price for a factory rebuilt Gamma Tracing Table. They will be happy to help you.

Thread Information