Thread: Digital camera

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Digital camera

I'm sure the answer is in the photography thread, but I can't find it. I need a new digital camera. I have a sony with a small display screen, and can't see it as well(age). Looking for a good digital, light use, a few times a year. Large display, fairly large memory card (400 picture), and most important, $$$. I am an optician, so don't break my bank.

Thanks, Mark

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Canon SD1000 $179, excellent battery time, wonderful pictures and recordes amazingly good video with sound.

Ibrahim

Occupation
    Since you dont have many replies, the Canon A560 is also an awesome camera but is twice the size of the SD1000 another differenece is that it takes AA batteries which do not last as long as the canon batteries.

Both have excellent picture quality, whatever you do, do not waste your money on the megapixel hype.

Good luck, :cheers:

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have an Olympus 210 takes excellent pictures of eyes, office, eye sockets, contact lenses, even in side view showing edge, macro, etc. The doctors I send pictures to say mine are as good as thiers or better and they all have more expensive rigs. You will have to use a bigger chip than standard though. Don't know why you want 200 pics storage with such small useage as you can store and see everything better in the computer or on CD or on DVD.
    Oh and it also fits in my pocket so I have it with me at all times.

Chip:cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks guys. Chip, I want the storage for longer trips where we take more photo's. Don't want to have to buy extra memory cards. I do download when we get home.

Occupation
    Storage for either of the canons is on a 16mb SD card provided with the camera which can take up to 100 pictures or as little as 16 pending on your camera setting, a $20 1000MB card (1GB) will increase your storage 62x (ie, 6,000 pictures to 160 pictures in the highest quality setting)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I also recommend the Canon cameras. I have a D540 and love it. One thing I do like is that it uses AA batteries so you can find them everywhere. I am on my third set of batteries in one year.
    Of course, I just use the regular alkaline batteries, not the lithium ones.
    One thing about the Canons though. Be careful to not have the lens blocked when you turn it on or you can jam the gears, or get to much sand on the lens barrels, also jamming it. I have not had this problem, but have read about these two main problems.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Thread Information