Thread: Maui Jim Progressive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Maui Jim Progressive

Hi all!

I just heard a rumor that Maui Jim are in contact with Shamir about a new progressive lens.

Has anyone else heard of this and if so, which lens would they use?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have not heard the rumor. I find it hard to believe though. I am pretty sure that Shamir *might* charge a bit more for any progressive they sell compared to the Image!

Just my wild speculation, un-qualified, biased, jaded and generally wrong opinion!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I spoke to my Maui Jim rep and he said he heard the same rumor floating through the company but no word on which lens or when.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I havnt heard that rumor, but I was told by Pech that that have PALs that have superior optics at 8bc, I don't recall the lens name though.

Allen Weatherby
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Sun Pals

Quote Originally Posted by Skagurly22 View Post
    I havnt heard that rumor, but I was told by Pech that that have PALs that have superior optics at 8bc, I don't recall the lens name though.
    FYI: I think the lens Pech is talking about is a KBco. ICE-TECH Advanced Lens Technologies offers polarized PALs that are individualized and we can accomplish most Rx orders with 8 base front curves. If you have any interest in these please send me an e-mail or PM.

Optical Educator
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Attitude wrap PAL

Hello,

It is possible that Pech is referring to the Attitude PAL by Shamir...it is a compensated wrap, polarized, PAL.

For more info: www.shamirlens.com

: )

Laurie

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Wear View Post
    Hi all!

I just heard a rumor that Maui Jim are in contact with Shamir about a new progressive lens.

Has anyone else heard of this and if so, which lens would they use?

:hammer:
    Just spoke to our Maui Jim rep today and she said that Younger is making a new free form progressive just for Maui Jim and she will find out more about it next month. I can't remember the name of it.

She suggested when fitting the Image in a Maui Jim that you lower the fitting height 2 mms from pupil center. She said she had two pairs made for her, one on center and one dropped and she strongly perfered the dropped one.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post
    Just spoke to our Maui Jim rep today and she said that Younger is making a new free form progressive just for Maui Jim and she will find out more about it next month. I can't remember the name of it.

She suggested when fitting the Image in a Maui Jim that you lower the fitting height 2 mms from pupil center. She said she had two pairs made for her, one on center and one dropped and she strongly perfered the dropped one.

The Image 360?:D
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Sport RX product launch

How can I launch my new product to the optical community?

Hi, I make an aluminum frame sunglass in Arizona, all 100% USA made product for the sport market. The product is used by Harley riders, law enforcement, military and other civillian use. Longstory short, the frame is aluminum and does not have an eyewear opening, so I developed a unique clear plastic 1/2 mm thick material to hold the RX lens. The insert is transparent and looks like the RX lens is floating in the air, similar how Oakley originally did on the M Frame prescription. Somepeople said it resembled two eggs fried on your face, haha!

This product is far from two eggs over easy, this is actually steak and eggs with champagne. The hardest part is telling everyone about this fantastic product that allows you to offer a minus 6 to a plus 4 without limitations.

I need opticians around the country offering this product to people who thought they could not get an 8 base full wrap sunglass that has optional foam. This product will keep the wind out better than any Wiley X or Panoptix ever dreamed. A lot of people only know about Wiley X and think their Made in Taiwan product is the best option.

See my video at www.LiquidPolarized.com click on the YouTube video at the bottom left that says RX insert foam. Then give an opinion of how you would attack the USA market for RX using this product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 126.jpg   99.jpg   127.jpg   RX.TOP.VIEW (2).jpg   RX.GASKET.FOAM (2).jpg  

Thread Information