I just bought a new pair of airlocks because the bridge of my old ones broke when I forgot to take them off before removing my motorcycle helmet. OOPS.:hammer:
Anyway I found a pair on ebay that match the style of my old pair and was hoping I could repair the old ones and keep them as a spare set. So I was wondering if anyone would not mind sharing how the pressure fitting works.

When I picked up my new pair of airlocks I asked if they put the glasses together there and the woman said they did not. She did however show me the tightening tool that they use.

I received a spare set of fitting with the glasses I got on ebay and I assume these are used when the glasses are made into prescription glasses. Is it just this simple? You cut them apart. Remove the entire old pressure fitting. Put a new pressure fitting and new bridge in place and press with the tightener they have at the store?
Or is the initial construction more complicated then this?

I know I should ask my eye care professional but they are don't seem to willing to attempt this rescue effort.

Thanks
Paul