Friends.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends.......

I have a lifelong friend who has been battling cancer.

It has been one hell of a fight. A real boxing match. A full ten rounder, filled with terrible punches and blows. Both have pushed each other to the limit! But, the final bell has rung....

My friend has been defeated.

This man was awesome. Truly awesome. I looked up to him in so many ways. In a hundred lifetimes, I'll still never be half the man he was.

But, I'll keep trying. I'll try as hard as I can. I'll try to be the friend to my friends that he was to me. So, take a good look at your friends. Enjoy them while you can. A friend is a precious gift. Try to be a friend today and everyday.

:cheers::cheers:

Thank you for sharing your friend with us. Sometimes the people who burn the brightest and cast the most light are the ones who leave the quickest. They leave a big hole where their presence once was.

I know your friend lives on in your heart because you wrote so eloquently about him. And I also know that this alone doesn't mean you don't miss him alot.

Thank you also for your reminder to appreciate our friends. I'll take this opportunity to tell you, again, how much I appreciate you and your openness, helpfulness, generosity and spiritedness on this board. You are a good friend to many.
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Comment

Andrew, I share your sentiments as well. I also believe that you never really lose a friend or loved one, you find them again in another form or in another place.

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
        I have a lifelong friend who has been battling cancer.

It has been one hell of a fight. A real boxing match. A full ten rounder, filled with terrible punches and blows. Both have pushed each other to the limit! But, the final bell has rung....

My friend has been defeated.

This man was awesome. Truly awesome. I looked up to him in so many ways. In a hundred lifetimes, I'll still never be half the man he was.

But, I'll keep trying. I'll try as hard as I can. I'll try to be the friend to my friends that he was to me. So, take a good look at your friends. Enjoy them while you can. A friend is a precious gift. Try to be a friend today and everyday.

:cheers::cheers:
        Sorry to hear about that Fezz. I know you had told me you were on a deathwatch. Dying just sucks!
        DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
        "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

I am sooo sooo sorry to hear about your loss Fezzy. But wow, really.... how many people can you say that about in this world? Not to many people we can look up to. You're very fortunate and so was he.

My heart goes out to you!:)

Comment

Good luck bro,

Ibrahim

Comment

A sad time and a great reminder to appreciate what and who you have.

Comment

So True...

Yesterday as I do every year I sent a card to my best friends mother telling her I still remember and think about Wayne who died 19 ago today. We grew up together with our backyards adjoining. He was my brother in all but blood. He was a light to all who met him and left us far to soon. He was also an optician. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about him. These are the events in life that put perspective on what really matters.

My sincere sympathy Fezz.

Comment

I'd like to echo Andrews words, he wrote what I feel better than I could. I'll remember you and your friend in my thought and prayers today....

Comment

To Fezz on Friendship......

As Andrew said, you are a good friend to many. Harry said what goes around, comes around. Your friends are gathering here to lend you support and to let you know that we care. It is wonderful to observe, and even better to participate.
                    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
                    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
                    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

My favorite saying translated from Arabic:

'No one loved truly passes, they continue to live in the hearts of everyone they have touched'

It seems you'll be honoring your friend for years to come.

Comment

It's hard to have someone close to you going through such a battle. I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you, friend.
                        www.opticaljedi.com
                        www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
                        www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

Comment

Hey Fezz. Sorry for your loss. Years ago as I sat near my brother-in-law as he was a few weeks away from death. I asked him what the worst part of dying was. His reply was "I am afraid I will be forgotten". I understood that. Obviously this won't happen to your friend as long as you are around.

Comment

A heartfelt thank you to all. I truly appreciate the kind words, thoughtfulness, and most importantly........the friendship.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Fezz,

My heart goes out to you. It is very difficult losing someone close to you.

Several years ago my father battled and lost to cancer. He was my best friend and mentor and my life will forever be affected by my loss. I watched a once formable man reduced to a shell in both body and spirit. His last week alive was spent in the intensive care unit. I sat next to him 24/7 until he let out his last breath. I did not want him alone one minute and tried to give him comfort and laughter to lessen the fear he was experiencing as it became clear his prognosis. To this day I cannot keep tears and heartache at bay telling this story.

I can tell you the pain always remains but your testament to your friend will be how you conduct yourself in life and how you treat others. Though our friendship is limited to online, I think you are making your friend proud.

I extend my sincere condolences to you.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X