Thread: Edger package for sale (again)

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Arrow Edger package for sale (again)

Folks,

The last auction was a great success, except that the winner told me he isn't going to pay me. So here is another chance. You can check it out here.

Any questions, email or pm me.

-Nathan Bonilla-Warford
    Bright Eyes Family Vision Care
    doc@brighteyestampa.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I had enquired about the edger last time but did not win the bidding. Is the edger set up currently. I live in Florida and would be interested to come see how it operates. I have used many other systems but am unfamiliar with Topcon edgers. The package seems to be a good deal.

Doesn't Ebay have rules about not paying after winning. That bidder should have his account canceled.

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Doc,

Sorry that happened to you.

I had a guy do the same to me, and a couple other people I know at the same time. We all got together online, compared notes, presented it to ebay and they banned him and all his user names from ebay. I wonder if it was the same guy.

Let us know if you need any help with your Topcon sale or anything else. I wrote an ebay guide that can possibly help out with shipping information and other things
    You can see that guide here:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Optical-and-...00000004399816

Since we are practically neighbors, I would be glad to help you out any time. That system looks like a great deal from here. I hope you find a lucky buyer.

Talk to you soon,
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    I had enquired about the edger last time but did not win the bidding. Is the edger set up currently. I live in Florida and would be interested to come see how it operates. I have used many other systems but am unfamiliar with Topcon edgers. The package seems to be a good deal.

Doesn't Ebay have rules about not paying after winning. That bidder should have his account canceled.
    Well, I'm going through the process with Ebay. I'm not sure what the disciplinary steps are, but I'm sure I get my posting costs refunded.

The system is not currently set up. It is in storage. It is pretty similar to other systems in my experience. Frame tracer next to unit, connected by cable. You enter lens dec, etc.

-Nate

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Is the shipping $300.00 or $500.00, that's a big difference in cost and when the top says $300.00 and the text in the middle says $500.00 I wouldn't be a little hessitant myslef. Most ebayers take a quick look and the experienced ones will see this and run for the hills. I woul drevise that to be more consitent, you might get more bites. Former ebay power seller
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I had seriously considered buying it and picking it up as a back-up unit, but we decided to fix up one of our instead. Best of Luck!
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryChiling View Post
    Is the shipping $300.00 or $500.00, that's a big difference in cost and when the top says $300.00 and the text in the middle says $500.00 I wouldn't be a little hessitant myslef. Most ebayers take a quick look and the experienced ones will see this and run for the hills. I woul drevise that to be more consitent, you might get more bites. Former ebay power seller
    Agreed. $500 was shipping price for the orginal auction, where I got screwed by the buyer. I decided to lower the shipping cost and eat it a little if it comes to that. I have little expereince with selling on Ebay and now that it is posted, I see that I cannot change it. I did put up and update to help clarify the issue.

Any other suggestions/reccommendations are welcome.

-Nate

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Have you managed to sell this edger?
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Thread Information