Thread: Optician job needed=Pittsburgh, PA

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Optician job needed=Pittsburgh, PA

I have a good friend who lives in the Pittsburgh area. He just informed me that he is starting a job search. If anyone knows of any openings, oppurtunities, or possibilities, please let me know and I will pass the info on.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Anybody?

Just checking!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Anybody?

Just checking!
    How about a FezzJohns franchise in Iron City?
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm working on it!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

your friend

If he's familiar with how to do insurance forms and general opticianry, I know of someone who is looking in the South Hills section of Pittsburgh.
    Call me at 412-889-0392 to discuss.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Scott!

I passed it on!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I have several possibilities in the Pittsburgh area. Please have him contact me at mlandry@luxotticaretail.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

jobs in pittsburgh

Hey Fezz,
    I replied to the wrong thread earlier today.(jobs in SE PA) The company I work for, Eyenovate, is looking for someone to manage our accounts. It's an inside/outside sales position, salary + commission. The friend you mentioned may be a good candidate if he or she is interested. To learn more about our organization or to contact George Parks for more details, please visit us at http://www.eyenovate.com. thanks

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by inov8 View Post
    Hey Fezz,
    I replied to the wrong thread earlier today.(jobs in SE PA) The company I work for, Eyenovate, is looking for someone to manage our accounts. It's an inside/outside sales position, salary + commission. The friend you mentioned may be a good candidate if he or she is interested. To learn more about our organization or to contact George Parks for more details, please visit us at http://www.eyenovate.com. thanks
    inov8,

you may or may not forgive me for my question but, didn't you originally call your self Z clips, then something else I can't remember, and now inov8? why do you feel the need to change your name?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    inov8,

you may or may not forgive me for my question but, didn't you originally call your self Z clips, then something else I can't remember, and now inov8? why do you feel the need to change your name?
    Yes, it was Z-clip. We wanted to get away from the label of a "clip" so the product is called Chemistrie. Eyenovate is the name of the restructured company. I guess you're familiar?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, it was Z-clip. We wanted to get away from the label of a "clip" so the product is called Chemistrie. Eyenovate is the name of the restructured company. I guess you're familiar?
    The name wasn't bad. THe problem we had was that when yo called the company, it rang through the doctor's office, they'd transfer you to Z-clips, and then you'd get voice mail. I thought it was a cool product, but the support was so-so.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    it was a one-man operation then. we're going global now! You have to admit, it's an innovative product.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    it was a one-man operation then. we're going global now! You have to admit, it's an innovative product.
    I've always said it was innovative. The price wasn't bad either. In the right hands, and with a big enough budget, it could make millions. I think there needs to be a better method of distribution to reach your market more efficiently.

I have 7 opticians on staff that loved your product. They begged me to put it in. After we put it in, they begged me to take the display down and not carry the product due to the backlash from the patients when the magnets came out, when a frame broke during magnet installation, and when there was no customer service to talke to.

Before going global, I hope the local problems have been solved. I wish there was someway you could sell this as a system, so that we could do it all in-house. That would alleviate the turnaround time, as well as issues that arise due to scratch warranties, non-adapts, and other issues you have no control over.

I wish you all the best and will probably try it again once I know the kinks have been worked out.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Distribution is through our network of Certified labs and Retailers. There are about 18 US labs and about 10 retailers certified to manufacture. The ME-1000 edger now has a push button feature that does all hole and bridge plotting automatically.

Customer service in the start-up phase was admittedly lacking, but those problems have been addressed as we've grown. We'd like to thank the early adopters who stuck with us through that period. We've gone from a basement optician with an idea to a real company with many employees and an on-site lab.

Scratch warranties/dr. changes will always need to have magnets re-drilled and replaced. Different labs have different policies regarding pricing for this work, but I know we charge $5 per lens for re-drilling and magnet replacement. The magnet will never void any warranty from Essilor, Hoya, or Zeiss. Magnets are guaranteed to remain intact for the life of the RX, we average one job per year returned for that reason.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Personally I think the z-clips are horrible. I had more product returned because of them then any other feature. The magnets look terrible. I was very glad when my boss stopped carrying them as I think in the long run they cost us as much money as they made us do to remakes.

Fezz, send me a message I have a couple of leads for your friend pghparrothead@hotmail.com

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeguy17 View Post
    I was very glad when my boss stopped carrying them as I think in the long run they cost us as much money as they made us do to remakes.
    Eyeguy, what retail office was ordering? What lab was producing?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Central Optical. Although the problem was not with their quality it was with the fact that people felt the magnets imbeded in the lenses looked tacky and were tired of people asking them "What is on your lenses?" My opinion on the product would be better if my patients were happier with it. Nothing personal, just a preference of course.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeguy17 View Post
    Central Optical. Although the problem was not with their quality it was with the fact that people felt the magnets imbeded in the lenses looked tacky and were tired of people asking them "What is on your lenses?" My opinion on the product would be better if my patients were happier with it. Nothing personal, just a preference of course.

How ironic! We've done more than 120 of them since August (all in house) and the "What is on your lenses..." line has been gold in terms of referals. In fact, the product in general has been great for referals and many folks have order them in multiple colors.

At $149 a pop, they've been very profitible. (for us)

Interesting that you are in Pittsburgh, and so is the clip company...

Thread Information