Thread: help me find frame line for 3 piece drill mount

Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist

help me find frame line for 3 piece drill mount

I did a bunch of searching the other day, got some good leads, and then forgot the name of the stuff.

I think one of the lines was something like BT2100 or bt2250, something like that. Seemed to hold up good and people liked them.

Can anyone help? Searching didn't find me anything.

thanks,

Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I'll answer my own. Silver Dollar. Any opinions?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I made an in-depth post about them a few months ago. We have yet to have one warranty OR a crazed lens. They are much better than the Airlock or Silouette designs, and all the various knockoffs. One poster had seen some problems with the frame, though.

The innovation is in the self-threading compression bushing. Best aspects of a screw and best of a compression. With a nice big 2.0mm hole w/a compression bushing inside, the frame post is unlikely to come in contact w/ the lens - minimizing cracks.

No financial interest in Silver Dollar.

The core mens and titanium is good stuff too. Classic designs. Less than you will pay from the big 4. No backorders to date. Prepaid return labels for defectives.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For our lower end we use ROI's Jim and Jennifer frames but I think they may be phasing those out. Too bad, for the price they were pretty good little frames. Sillouette for higher end and really nothing else is selling in three piece.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    For our lower end we use ROI's Jim and Jennifer frames but I think they may be phasing those out. Too bad, for the price they were pretty good little frames. Sillouette for higher end and really nothing else is selling in three piece.
    Try www.FreeFormEyewear.com .

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In my humble opinion, rimless eyewear is to be done with either high-quality frame and lens or not at all. For that reason, we sell exclusively silhouette products. There isn't much else on the market which incorporates the light weight, durability, and screwlessness (is that a word? ;-)) of a Silhouette. If you sell a cheap rimless, you will only turn people off to the concept in the future.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeFitWell View Post
    In my humble opinion, rimless eyewear is to be done with either high-quality frame and lens or not at all. For that reason, we sell exclusively silhouette products. There isn't much else on the market which incorporates the light weight, durability, and screwlessness (is that a word? ;-)) of a Silhouette. If you sell a cheap rimless, you will only turn people off to the concept in the future.
    Ditto

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeFitWell View Post
    Sillouette being the frame of choice for rimless in this office there is still room for a lower priced line, hence the ROI Jim frames. No they are not titanium or hingeless but they hold up great. They are not "cheap". I see nothing wrong with stocking an alternative to Sill. and I am a big fan of those.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'll add my support for the Silver Dollar drill mounts. The Bt2151 sells like crazy! There have been a few breakages, most abuse-related. One line we have also sold well is the Kishimoto series from Global Optique. Their big point is that all the metal pieces of the frame are cut from one piece of stainless. That means the compression pins, the pad arms, everything is integral, not soldered on. And of these we've had exactly ZERO breakage in any form. In talking to the president of the company, he told me they've sold over 10,000 of the Kishimotos and not one has been returned broken.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    One line I really liked was Eschenbach. Same price as Silhouttes, but better quality.

First off, the frames are memory metal, but a good version of it. Second, the frames use screws and not bushings. No, I did not say nuts and bolts that fall off the frame, but screws. I am talking about the screws that go in from behind the frame, right into the front. The advantage of this system is they never back off, never losen up, never fall off. The point of contact with the lens is much stronger too, and will not break. They also have hinges, which is another huge plus.

I have no financial interest in the company either.

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    One line not mentioned is Mount Eyewear's Pure Titanium. Not betas, but quality none the less. And many labs carry these and will sent out kits to offices on a consignment deal - order full pairs from the lab, keep the kit in office as a demonstrator. Nice thing about them is labs wholesale them for roughly $20 less than the frames data price - nice for VSP and other insurances that go by Frames data for pricing. And I like that I don't have $$$ tied up in inventory. Price wise they are not low end, but well below Sillouette's wholesale.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I'll add another vote for Freeform Eyewear. Our lab has been supplying them for over a year with excellent results. B-Titanium with compression mounts and packaged with AR coated lenses at an aggressive price point.

Dottie

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Silhouette first and foremost, then Freeform which I believe is also Acuity?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Yes it is Acuity. Our customers who dispense Silhouette love Acuity's Freeform line as a secondary, more value-oriented option. Acuity also has a new titanium grooved option. Check them out at www.FreeFormEyewear.com

Dottie

Thread Information