Thread: Any benefits of the Luxottica Advantage Program?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Any benefits of the Luxottica Advantage Program?

Hi,

I currently use Marchon and was looking at switching to Luxottica. I was reading the benefits of the Luxottica Advantage Program. It seems they have discounts for all sorts of things including cell phones, insurance and other benefits.

""As a Luxottica Advantage Member, you qualify for a Sprint Discount. If you sell the following brands, you will get a 15% monthly discount on any Sprint or Nextel wireless services plans. Sprint and Luxottica have teamed up to offer this discount to 30,000 independent eyeglass dealers nationwide.

You can call Sprint directly at 866-853-4931 and mention Luxottica code 0583325597
    You can call Nextel directly at 800-390-9545 and mention Luxottica code NLUUI_ZZZ

Ray-Ban, Killer Loop, Arnette, Revo, Persol & Vogue while the Luxottica licensed brands include Bvlgari Occhiali, Chanel, Moschino, Prada, Versace and DKNY.""

Is anyone a member of LAP and is it worth it? It sounds like great plan, but I wasnt sure how the plan works based on the documentation and when I called the service rep they didnt seem informed.

Thanks

JJ

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    The advantage is the new Pearle Vision, Lenscrafters and Sears television advertisements.

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    Before all the Lux haters emerge and engulf this thread with one-sided and often misguided levels of hate and mistrust, (and I'm not a Lux lover and don't carry any of their products) - the Advantage program is a very nice deal if you are able to take advantage of their savings and can tolerate Lux as a partner and competitor.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jadenj View Post
    Hi,

I currently use Marchon and was looking at switching to Luxottica..

Thanks

JJ
    You only use one vender?
    Last edited by ziggy; 09-04-2007 at 08:21 PM.
    Paul:cheers:

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiyoda View Post
    Before all the Lux haters emerge and engulf this thread with one-sided and often misguided levels of hate and mistrust, (and I'm not a Lux lover and don't carry any of their products) - the
    Love, peace, and happiness...

:cheers:
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    most such programs are highly beneficial to Luxottica or whomever else is promoting such programs.

Chip

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Wave Just Say No!

I cannot understand why any independent optician would do business with Lux. If you want some good dependable product talk to Safilo. The elasta brand is still made in Italy and really can be a house brand for you. They offer disount off the wholesale pricing and they will stand behind there products! By the way I'm a wholesale lab who has nothing to gain by recommending them but I do see alot of their product and rarely see any quality concerns. Just some thoughts.:)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Nail on the head

most such programs are highly beneficial to Luxottica or whomever else is promoting such programs.

Chip

I agree! And thats not bashing.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by partyoptician View Post
    I cannot understand why any independent optician would do business with Lux. If you want some good dependable product talk to Safilo. The elasta brand is still made in Italy and really can be a house brand for you. They offer disount off the wholesale pricing and they will stand behind there products! By the way I'm a wholesale lab who has nothing to gain by recommending them but I do see alot of their product and rarely see any quality concerns. Just some thoughts.:)
    :drop:You're joking right?

Have you seen Safilo lately? Most of the in-house brands (Elasta, Team, Chesterfield, Adensco....) are junk with a few rare exceptions. The licensed brands all look alike...Armani looks like JLo looks like Marc looks like Juicy looks like Diesel. The only original product they have is oXydo and I'm sure they'll ruin that as well. Did you see Chaps/RL/Polo before it went to Lux? It was junk, pure junk. Now that Lux has Chaps/RL/Polo it looks classic again...the product looks the part of having the Ralph Lauren name on it. That's what just killed me when Safilo got the Armani line - they killed it. Armani (at least Giorgio Armani) was a classic look with a bit of flair - now it's crap thanks to Safilo.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuString View Post

Chip

I agree! And thats not bashing.
    You know all this is is a program that offers independent practices some discounts with various national providers. That's all. You get it when you do X amount of business with Lux. Similar to Marchon's MVP benefits but the discounts are broader and not all related to optical. As I understand it, you even get a discount on health insurance and everyone at the practice can take advantage of the offer - not too bad considering most ECP don't provide health benefits.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by partyoptician View Post

I beg to differ. I think that Safilo as most of us knew it (quality) is GONE.

Thread Information