Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Please!!

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You do realize he could read this right

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Naw, he just learned how to send emails 6 mts ago. He doesn't join forums, finds that beneath him. That's why he hired me to do web surfing. He heard me talk about the other forums I am on, and thinks I am an "expert"

But, should he read this: I was just kidding, your the BEST!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by lindalou View Post
    Afraid I must not see the issue, or I'm not looking close enough??

The main reason they tell me, when the Dr. isn't around, is "He is so expensive, I can got ____and get them so much cheaper." So, please enlighten me.:)

Aside from the fact, that truthfully, he is a butthead, and that's being nice. Bedside manner, I'm amazed that we have patients, but most have coming in for years. Plus, our closesest competitors, are 2 "female" Drs. And, living in a farm community.....Well, I'm sure you have all heard it now and again about "A woman Dr."

First of all, you may want to check out the job board listing on Optiboard. There are some great postitions available, should your boss decide to surf the web at lunch time. (Otherwise, check out the 'Edit" button. I use it often when I have second thoughts.)

Secondly, if your patients are going to LC fr a deal, they are not seeing the value of your offices services. LC is not known as a "cheap" place to get glasses. The main issue must be that your patients are not being educated by the staff as to the benefits of purchasing from you. (On the other hand, perhaps there are no benefits, and then you have a problem...)
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    I know they aren't cheap, we(My husband and I) went there and planned on using one of their "coupons" for my husband. Needless to say, as Gomer used to say: Surprise, Surpise, Surprise.

I also hear how they arne't cheap, when our patients come back. Or how those glasses just didn't work, and when I go to check the RX, it is so far off, of course it didn't. I hear that one a lot.
    It is the younger patients that go elsewhere, we have our loyal patients that still come to us, and buy from us. Even contact lens patients. We don't carry stock lens. People can't believe, that they have to come in for a Soft lens eval, then follow ups. At the "Other" place they don't have to do that. We are old school though. We do a lot of health related testing OCT, GDX and Matrix, just to name a few. But,as I said he/we are old school.
    I have heard lots of people say, that can't belive all the testing we do during a regular exam.

My boss, isn't surfing the web at lunch, he is fishing. BUT, I will edit, just because it wan't a nice thing to write. Thanks for the advise.

Occupation
    But,as I said he/we are old school.
    Selling glasses online Old school
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    LindaLou:
    Lenscrafters is anything but cheap. The public has a preception that they are. But I suspect that with a little research you will find that thier prices are much higher than yours. Either that or yours are much higher that average.
    You needs to find this out. If this is the case you can put a sign up: Our prices average X% lower than the mall!
    Don't know if you should mention a compeditor by name on this ( I still find this distastefull) but mentioning a location will be close enough.

Chip

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Naw, he just learned how to send emails 6 mts ago. He doesn't join forums, finds that beneath him. That's why he hired me to do web surfing. He heard me talk about the other forums I am on, and thinks I am an "expert"

But, should he read this: I was just kidding, your the BEST!

I'm liking you more by the minute!

Welcome to Optiboard!:cheers:

Occupation
    Sorry chip, that wasn't to cool to mention them by name. As I stated, I KNOW, LC isn't cheap. You don't find out until you have selected your frame, lens, etc.. and then you are hit with the price. Funny thing, in my husbands case, when he got an RX, she didn't even measure his seg height. He got no line, she had him put the frames he wanted back on, and she looked at him and said ok. No markings, no measurements, I was surprised.

Johns, I am very likeable!! (You ain't so bad yourself!) Thats why I miss my work in one way, I really do get along with with the patients. I'll miss them.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Funny thing, in my husbands case, when he got an RX, she didn't even measure his seg height...

... No markings, no measurements, I was surprised.
    That's what has me surprised about your bosses online venture. Who's measuring the seg on those?

Occupation
    We put the seg height at a standard height. Not in the line of vision for distance, but is fine to look down and do your line work on a pole.

He has a standard seg, depending on the frame.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We put the seg height at a standard height. Not in the line of vision for distance, but is fine to look down and do your line work on a pole.

That's what I'm talking about!!!

You couldn't believe that LC did that to your husband, but your boss, who ."Armed with his vast knowledge of ocular physiology, optical lens design and framer ergonomics"...should know better, is out there doing the same thing!!!
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Now do you see why we're wanting to round up the posse and head out to Indianna to pay a visit to the "good" doctor? He appears to be nothing more than an opportunist, eager to get a buck, any buck, regardless of how, or from where.

Occupation

Lindalou,

What if the optician at LC gave your husband that excuse for why they didn't measure the seg hgt on his glasses, would you have bought it? That's the reason why I have a problem with online spex.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Lindalou,

Here's another word of encouragement to resign your position and find something more suited to your talents, interests and inclination toward customer service and quality.

Just my opinion, but I believe your boss is taking the wrong approach toward bringing himself into the internet age. Making progressive lenses -- heck, even making single vision lenses -- without taking and confirming the measurements and without fitting the glasses, is the opposite of quality and service.

Optiboard is a great resource for finding good work. I hope it helps you.
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Occupation
    Ok, I see what you mean. I guess since my husband's were dress glasses,that he wears all the time, it surprised me. These are glasses just for that purpose of fishing. See distance, look down and do whatever you got to do to your pole.

Being in the business, I should have said something, but I didn't. I told my husband, let's see how they turn out. If I wasn't knowledgable about it, guess I'd be SOL. As it turned out, the girl put the seg where it was suppose to be.

But, my husband is the type when you go to dispense, he says they feel fine. Doesn't complain etc..

As for a job didn't see one in Indiana, this close to home, in case one of my kids get sick etc.. I've worked for a Vet, and a Dentist, before I started working here. It's a job. Interesting, but still just a job. The only real time I was happy doing it, was when I did the preexams on my patients. So, now I guess Optiboard will be the reason I enjoy my job down here now.

I really do understand your distaste for on line Rx. But, we've never had anyone return them!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Smilie

i believe that "God helps who help himself"
    good luck!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    For finished AR check out Lenstock.com great prices, you can choose from many mfg's products and shipping is in one box with one invoice and one statement at the EOM.
    I think a company called Lenstech can sign you up in Indiana.

Thread Information