Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Please!!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Blue Jumper Help! Please!!

Ha, now that I have your attention! I'm am working for an Optometrist who want to start doing in-house for his office and his sunglasses, Solar Bat.

I have been "transferred" to his sunglass factory to do research. I have no idea where to look. I have found a few....I guess you all are saying, research?? found a few?? what is this girl talking about?

I need to find a lab that can sell " uncut finish lenses in clear, with AR cote, with Scratch cote in distance and ST. 28 "

If anyone out there has any idea, leads, and/or suggestions, bring it on!!

I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, have a nice day!

I was a tech (and did everything at the front desk, it seems) for 5 years, then I was moved here to play on the net. Just a little info about me.:o

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    What part of the world do you want your lab to be in?

Quote Originally Posted by lindalou View Post
    Ha, now that I have your attention! I'm am working for an Optometrist who want to start doing in-house for his office and his sunglasses, Solar Bat.

I have been "transferred" to his sunglass factory to do research. I have no idea where to look. I have found a few....I guess you all are saying, research?? found a few?? what is this girl talking about?

I need to find a lab that can sell " uncut finish lenses in clear, with AR cote, with Scratch cote in distance and ST. 28 "

If anyone out there has any idea, leads, and/or suggestions, bring it on!!

I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, have a nice day!

I was a tech (and did everything at the front desk, it seems) for 5 years, then I was moved here to play on the net. Just a little info about me.:o

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Solar Bat.
    Is this an internet optical sunglass???

Banned
    Occupation
    Tu inglés es malo. No entiendo absolutamente.

E em portugese apenas caso que. Seu inglês é mau. Eu não compreendo completamente.

Occupation
    gemston, No, I don't speak Spanish, matter of fact, I failed it, when I was in 9th grade. :drop: I've never told my kids.

I've changed my profile, I live in the Hoosier State, Indiana.

Is this an internet optical sunglass???
    obxeyeguy, they are sold on the internet, by a dealer, but not exclusively. He has dealers all over the United States. He makes plano and RX sunglasses. I am the official "Internet Girl".

What part of the world do you want your lab to be in?
    a/r girl, he never said. Just to find sources for "" uncut finish lenses in clear, with AR cote, with Scratch cote in distance and ST. 28 "
    We are going to start making our own.

I have to find a few labs, and he'll decide which one he wants to go with.

Banned
    Occupation
    gemston, No, I don't speak Spanish
    I live in the Hoosier State, Indiana.
    :hammer:

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    :hammer:
    Actually, living here in ^ Brazil, Indiana
    that is how I feel sometimes!

State of confusion.:D

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Thumbs up

gemston, No, I don't speak Spanish,kids.

Brazil is a city in Clay County, Indiana, United States. The population was 8,188 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of Clay CountyGR6. The current chief executive of Brazil is Mayor Tom Arthur (Democrat) who is serving his first and final term in office.[1] On 2 January 2006, Arthur announced in The Brazil Times that he would not complete his term and is taking a teaching position at Northview High School; however, the Indianapolis Star reported on 14 January 2007 that Arthur had been denied a full-time teaching position at Northview. Arthur's future plans are unclear. Arthur replaced long-time Mayor Kenny Crabb (Republican) in 2004.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Brazil is a city in Clay County, Indiana, United States. The population was 8,188 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of Clay CountyGR6. The current chief executive of Brazil is Mayor Tom Arthur (Democrat) who is serving his first and final term in office.[1] On 2 January 2006, Arthur announced in The Brazil Times that he would not complete his term and is taking a teaching position at Northview High School; however, the Indianapolis Star reported on 14 January 2007 that Arthur had been denied a full-time teaching position at Northview. Arthur's future plans are unclear. Arthur replaced long-time Mayor Kenny Crabb (Republican) in 2004.
    Ok, now your scaring me...Do you know about Brazil, or just real good at links?? :idea:

Oh, your forogot to mention Tom Arthur changed his name to Thom Arthur....why?? we don't know!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    [quote=lindalou;199733]gemston, No, I don't speak Spanish, matter of fact, I failed it, when I was in 9th grade. :drop: I've never told my kids.

I think he was using Portugese, the language of Brazil, South America.

I have relatives in Crawfordsville, just north of you.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Bad address email on file Dougfir8's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I am trying to understand:
    Do you want different lenses: some with A/R, some FT28 with SRC just in the distance part? Any single vision? Also, if these are going to be sunglasses, how are you going to darken the clear A/R coated lenses?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by lindalou
    I am the official "Internet Girl".
    Your employer is a leach if he/she is trying to sell Rx suns online.:finger:
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post

I have relatives in Crawfordsville, just north of you.
    Ok this is scary.. I have relatives in Crawfordsville and Waynetown..and these aren't big towns either!

Ok. back to the question.. Looking to buy Clear AR SV and Bifocals in bulk? and some with just Scratch Coating?

There are plenty of sources for the SV lenses, however finished bifocals are practically non existant. You will either need to order uncuts from a lab, or use the press on /glue on segments...

I would ask some of our guys who do volume finish work their sources...besides using just your local lab.

You might ask your lab on the office front side what kind of deal they can work out for you.. Though many here seem to have found places in China that can give you a great no-name finished lenses with or without AR..
    Last edited by Jubilee; 08-03-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: town commentary
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you, Rinselberg, as always, for finding the url for us. :cheers:

Check out the website, folks. The Dr. has developed his own line of sunglasses, and sells them online as well as through dealers. I notice that Rx is available through online ordering too.

lindalou, you should know that this won't go over very well with the folks on this board :(

Also: There is a dealer locater. I selected dealers in my state, and checked the box "prescription dealers only", and I got a tacke-shop and an outdoor store!

The sunglasses do look interesting, though. If your boss didn't sell Rxed ones online, lindalou, I might have been interested in exploring becoming an Rx dealer.
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Is this competition................................

Sunglasses will include Cloth Pouch & 1/2 Moon Case. Solar Bat® will guarantee the accuracy of all prescription eyewear. Any prescription found not to be accurate may be returned for full credit or remake within 60 days of purchase; otherwise all sales are final.

Ordering Information

All bifocals are lined bifocals. Customers may order prescription sunglasses from Solar Bat or from the nearest Authorized Prescription Dealer. Mail or fax your name, address, phone number, a hard copy of your prescription including the PD measurement (distance between your eyes), frame style, lens tint, and Visa or MasterCard information. Allow three weeks for delivery. All orders shipped UPS ground. No rush orders.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I imagine he is trying to use finish lenses and will fuse the seg on for lined..

makes them a lot cheaper to produce..

However it does limit you potential consumers...then again. with his gearing it toward more of the fisherman/woman market.. they may not mind, and appreciate the wider area when baiting and changing lures..

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    I don't want to seem ignorant, but is there something wrong with buying sunglasses on the web?

Some of his dealers are Dr.s that sell them at their place of business. The dealers get the RX and he makes them in our lab (he is doing in-house again, use to have a local lab and closed it down.) He is going to make his dress classes from his office there too.

Jubilee and Dougfir8, I really don't know what he wants except the note he left me to do. He is getting into the motorcyle, hunting, golf market now. I know he tints, at least the mossback green, in office. Not sure about the rest.

Truthfully, I don't know alot about his sunglasses. I was pretty happy in the office doing tech work.

New office manager came in and I was out. That was the only thing I didn't like about the office, her. The patients will miss me though, had a lady ask where I was and dropped off a bag of tomatoes for me. Always having patients do that.

Jubilee, who are some of the guys that do volumn work? :p

I'm at home and will check the board again Monday. Thanks for all your help and keep it coming, if you can.

Occupation
    The doctor is a douchebag, he is selling prescription glasses online. If you have ever fit or dispensed a pair of glasses than you know that the measurements should be spot on, but I guess that's what the guarentee is their for, to lure the suckers in. Guarenteed for accuracy, I guess that menas it will match the wrong measurements that the customer send in as well as this is an inaccuracy. Truth be told if online dealers were to guarentee their work without being there to take measurements they woul dbe priced higher than the brick and mortar stores. Not to mention his prices are highway robbery for what he is selling, the patinet might as well come into our store and purchase a real pair of suns for less.

PS - Our shops bifocals don't need glue either. :)
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Yeah..Gimme a doz. maggots, and some of them 'scription sunglasses...

Quote from SolarBat Site:["Armed with his vast knowledge of ocular physiology, optical lens design and framer ergonomics, Dr. Nesty, with the help of his sports professionals to field test and make recommendations, designed a revolutionary line of eye protection frames and lenses. Dr. Nesty has continued to refine the design, both optically and ergonomically, of Solar Bat® sunglasses."]

So of course, armed with his vast knowledge, the good doctor decided the best avenue to peddle custom crafted prescription sunwear was through a group of highly trained, board certified bait shops.

Hey! I'm loving this! You can take a pd using the built-in ruler on the top of your kids Mickey Mouse tackle box!

:cheers:
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    The patients get their RX from a Dr. along with the pd.
    The shops are just dealers, that the patient bring their RX into and fax, or send it themselves. We have some Dr.'s office that are dealers, and they do the same thing. We contact the patient if there is no pd on the RX.

He sets the bifocals low enough, so it won't be in the line of sight, but you can still look through them to bait, or what ever you do with fishing poles.

If there are any people that can't adapt, he will return their money, but, honestly in all the years, nobody has ever returned them.

He is doing in house for Solar Bat and his Optometry office, he had an in house before and started using a lab. Now he wants to go back to in house.

I can understand people upset when they could be buying them at your office instead of on line. It's getting more and more, where people come in for their eye exam, and then ask for the RX to take to Lenscrafter or some other cheaper place.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How does one grow up without knowing how to fish? Is it so cold up there that you folks don't get out. Even the psychiatrists and psychologist I know tell me this is much better therapy for one's sanity than an hour on the couch (phychiatry, not Hollywood) a week.

Learn to fish, you in a high tension job!

Chip

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    . It's getting more and more, where people come in for their eye exam, and then ask for the RX to take to Lenscrafter or some other cheaper place.

There's a reason for that...

If you would look at the issue closer, you'd find you're not losing Rx business because of your prices.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    But if you use worms, they are so icky. And, no way I am taking a fish off of a hook. I could throw it ok, I'm sure. Cold? I think at times, but like today....We have a heat advisory.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    There's a reason for that...

If you would look at the issue closer, you'd find you're not losing Rx business because of your prices.
    Afraid I must not see the issue, or I'm not looking close enough??

The main reason they tell me, when the Dr. isn't around, is "He is so expensive, I can got ____and get them so much cheaper." So, please enlighten me.:)
    Last edited by lindalou; 08-06-2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: good advise and mean isn't in my nature

Thread Information