Thread: Value/Vivid Eyewear: Your impressions?

Occupation
    Optometrist

Value/Vivid Eyewear: Your impressions?

Recieved their catalog and their pricelists. Nice looking frames and nice prices. Unfortunately, they have no California rep. So I would have to
    order blindly, though they did offer to pay for return shipping if I was not satisfied.
    Just wanted to see if anyone here has had experience with these frames.
    Basically, their quality.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I had a vivid that was a nice trendy look but the design was a bit flawed. It seems that you can not back out the screws for new lenses without scratching the frame. There is no clearance. The patient most likely won't see it when it is touched-up but who wants to touch-up new frames. I am sure this is not typical of all their frames; hopefully just this design.

OptiBoard Professional Excel-Lentes's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Vivid/Value.

I have been using them for about 5 years. They will send you a box of frames for review with no obligation so you don't have to order blindly. I really use the vivid line for zyls. I have not ordered any metals (mainly because their zyls filled the niche I was looking for).

More recently I have been using the Soho line for zyls for Medicaid and found them to be of excellent value. They are durable (kind of heavy with 5 barrell hinges) and fairly stylish. Many of our regular customers have been buying them up like hotcakes lately: good for inexpensive Rx Sunglasses.

As far as joptician's comments about the design flaw goes I can understand the frustration. I have never seen so many frames (all companies included) that are extremely difficult to insert a lens. Some eyewires are soldered to the decorative front 3/4 around the circumference so you can't open the rim to insert a lens for sizing (yes, I still use a pattern edger:shiner:)

I did see Value Eyewear at VEE this past spring. Maybe they will be in Vegas @ VEW? Give'm a shot

Thread Information