Thread: silhouette vs. marchon airlock

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

silhouette vs. marchon airlock

As a consumer I've had it with my marchon airlock. My left lense is slightly lose again and my right one is starting to. I just had them tightened 5days ago at my local optical store. Basically it pivots on the little leg part on the nose bridge. My first pair I had for 3yrs and ignored the pivot - I just recently replaced my glasses with the same model and cant believe how easily they come loose and pivot. Kinda embarasing sending it to get it tightened again.

My question is - can you lose any vision by having one lense slightly lose and pivoting? I had I mine like that for past 2yrs and ignored it.

I'm going to be getting a new pair of glasses and was thinking of going with silhouette because two holes are required "inside" the glass making it less likely to pivot like the marchon (marchone have one hole and one semi hole on the side). Anyone recomend the silouette over the marchon for my particular problem? Or am I just doomed to have loose lenses on all wireless frames?

Another question is, is the pivoting on my marchon due because the main bushing are not tight anymore? or is it because the little stick where it goes on the semi-hole not squeezed in tight.

One more rant - i notice that you can easily get misalignments on the lenses from the nose-bride (ie.. one lenses leans forward while the other leans back). Are silhouette more stiff hopefully?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Why did you LIE about your occupation?

Maybe you should read the posting guidelines again!

"This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are allowed to post in the Just Conversation forum and non-optical topics only. Please be aware that any questions involving optics or eyecare may be removed. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation."

Thread Information