As mentioned in the newsletter, I have acquired a dedicated server to run OptiBoard on. This means that OptiBoard will be running on it's own server as opposed to sharing space and resources with 100s of other websites. This will bring a dramatic benefit in terms of speed and performance, particularly as OptiBoard continues to grow. It'll also give me the opportunity to provide even more features and benefits to OptiBoarders.

The move will take place on Friday evening, July 6th. The Board will be closed temporarily during the move. If all goes well, the downtime should be no more than 30 minutes.

Because I'm changing web hosts, I'll also need to make a change to the domain name service records. What this means is that for a perior of 24-72 hours after the move, the OptiBoard.com domain name will be replaced with a numeric IP address (i.e., xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).

This also means that you'll probably need to login again once we're on the new server, and perhaps again later after the domain records are updated to show OptiBoard.com. Don't be confused, this is entirely normal.

If for some reason you cannot remember your password, just enter your user name and click on the 'login' button. The system will tell you you've entered an invalid password and you'll be given an opportunity to have it emailed to you. Just enter your email address and you'll receive the password in a few minutes.