Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insomniacs and Maniacs=New Forum?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up Insomniacs and Maniacs=New Forum?

I am trying to gain support for a new forum for those of us who lurk and post at ungodly hours of the night. There are plenty of Optiboarders who are cruising this place deep into the wee hours of the morning. DocInChina seems to catch many of you in the act, seeing he is what..12 hours ahead of us?

On occasion, I get up in the wee hours to answer natures call, drink some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra Tea, and log on before Mr. Sandman lures me back into the hands of Morpheous.

So what keeps you up? Or...what wakes you up? Aren't you glad you can come and browse without too many interruptions!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

(Those mugs are full of Valerian, to put us all back to sleep)

Nighty Night!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok........

Looks like I must be the only bleary eyed, sleep deprived, Insomniac and Manic, Optiboard obsessed freak on the website tonight.

Goodnight all! ;)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    It's 1:56 am over here on the West Coast. And yes, I'm still up. And yes, I'm obsessed enough with OB to be hanging around here. I think the insomnia is just part of my nature; I can stay up till 3 or 4, but then I'm so not a morning person. This morning, I hit my snooze button too many times. Ended up waking up at 9:10 am for my 9:30 start time!:angry: But, I did show up right on time!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wonder how many hours of sleep the human body *really* needs to function...properly?

I'm sure the Military has done experiments to find out.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok I just got up. Sitting here at 3:35am with my latte doing my morning ritual two hours earlier now that I used to. Hubby and I are trying a rideshare thing: he just started a job a half hour further down the freeway than my work takes me. So, to conserve on gas on days the weather won't allow him to ride his beloved Harley decker to work, he drops me off at the office at 6:15 am, I do my hair and makeup there.

Oh, did I hear someone suggest moving closer to work?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've been getting up at 4:00 AM and riding my mt. bike up to the gym and playing b-ball from 6-7:30.

Unfortuanately, I'm not one of those alpha males that can live on 4 hrs of sleep per night. By 4:00PM, I'm ready to crash and burn, so I've been taking a 45 min. nap before dinner.

Now, after an early PM nap, I can't get to sleep when I should. (Is it really almost 12:30?!?)

Oh well...

Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    its not so much that I'm on here all the time, but rather that I have 15-20 tabs open on firefox... :)

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

While pregnant? Not that many. While unpregnant with a newborn? Not that many...

After feeding the little one in the early morning, 3:30-4:40 ish time I do get to that point where I think, "should I just stay awake or try to get back to sleep"

If you see me on Optiboard around those times, you know how I answered that question.:hammer:

Feedings = every 3 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I wonder how many hours of sleep the human body *really* needs to function...properly?

I'm sure the Military has done experiments to find out.
    Last edited by Snitgirl; 06-08-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Speaking of being obsessed, I haven't seen any new images up on your flickr, what's up with that??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by mlm View Post
    It's 1:56 am over here on the West Coast. And yes, I'm still up. And yes, I'm obsessed enough with OB to be hanging around here. I think the insomnia is just part of my nature; I can stay up till 3 or 4, but then I'm so not a morning person. This morning, I hit my snooze button too many times. Ended up waking up at 9:10 am for my 9:30 start time!:angry: But, I did show up right on time!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Life of a president....:p

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy K View Post
    Ok I just got up. Sitting here at 3:35am with my latte doing my morning ritual two hours earlier now that I used to. Hubby and I are trying a rideshare thing: he just started a job a half hour further down the freeway than my work takes me. So, to conserve on gas on days the weather won't allow him to ride his beloved Harley decker to work, he drops me off at the office at 6:15 am, I do my hair and makeup there.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    Speaking of being obsessed, I haven't seen any new images up on your flickr, what's up with that??? lol
    I've been too busy with the Eye Ball. I'm madly trying to paint 5 "venetian" masks right now. I spent the past few night writing up biographic paragraphs for some autographs we'll be auctioning off; we have Amelia Earhart's, and both Muhammad Ali's and Joe Frazier's from the Thrilla in Manila among others. I've had to collect auction items during my free time, so while my camera is with me, it's usually stuck on my back because my hands are too full of stuff!

Life will get back to normal after June 16th...

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy K View Post
    Ummm, not to brag or anything...:p I live 4 blocks from work. Although getting up at 9:10 is extreme for me. I usually get up about 8:15.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When is the last submission date to give something for the auction?

I've been too busy with the Eye Ball. I'm madly trying to paint 5 "venetian" masks right now. I spent the past few night writing up biographic paragraphs for some autographs we'll be auctioning off; we have Amelia Earhart's, and both Muhammad Ali's and Joe Frazier's from the Thrilla in Manila among others. I've had to collect auction items during my free time, so while my camera is with me, it's usually stuck on my back because my hands are too full of stuff!

Life will get back to normal after June 16th...

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    When is the last submission date to give something for the auction?
    Officially, it was May 30th, but I suppose procrastination is human nature. I'm still hunting down people who promised me stuff months ago. I know you were going to ask your friend, but when I didn't hear anything back, I just assumed that he was unable to donate. Was I mistaken?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

He was in Europe for a while and now he is back. I shall remind him tomorrow before he heads to Europe again. If he can do it, can he send the item via ICS to your work?

P.S. ~ you're getting sleepy ~ sllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppy ~ lol

Officially, it was May 30th, but I suppose procrastination is human nature. I'm still hunting down people who promised me stuff months ago. I know you were going to ask your friend, but when I didn't hear anything back, I just assumed that he was unable to donate. Was I mistaken?

Occupation
    Sure. As long as I get it before Wednesday because we have to put his name or company name on the program.

I really have to go to sleep. I have an Eye Ball meeting at 8:30 in the morning. I hate being an insomniac:angry:.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ummm, not to brag or anything...:p I live 4 blocks from work. Although getting up at 9:10 is extreme for me. I usually get up about 8:15.
    I envy you for your non-existant 'commute'. We pay the price for living where we do not only in the price of fuel but in the commute time for each of us now. Its just so damn beautiful here its hard to even entertain the possibility of moving!

Occupation
    Cindy,

I do envy you for the beauty that you live in. In my 4 block walk, I pass by 4 different construction sites. I swear I'll lose my hearing before the summer's done.

Snitgirl,

Just to satisfy your curiosity, I've uploaded some new photos to flickr. :D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    whoot! heading to check them out...

P.S. one thing I would like to know.. When you go golfing, do you actually golf or just photograph all the flowers? lol

Cindy,

I do envy you for the beauty that you live in. In my 4 block walk, I pass by 4 different construction sites. I swear I'll lose my hearing before the summer's done.

Snitgirl,

Just to satisfy your curiosity, I've uploaded some new photos to flickr. :D

Occupation
    I golf. Really, I do! I'm even improving. It's a par 54 pitch & putt, and I've gone from 89 to 79 in the past 2 months. Of course, I would probably improve much more quickly if I wasn't constantly distracted by my photography. :o

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Toothpicks for eyelids...isle 4 please!!!

Well...here it is 1:37 am and I am typing away like some obsessive compulsive wingnut. It is somewhat comforting to see some familiar names onboard to share in my late night misery!

At least I know that I am not the only Optiboard freak burning the midnight oil!

PS. How weird is this = I just noticed that my first post on this thread and this one were posted at the same time, 1:40am. How bizarre.
    Last edited by Fezz; 06-28-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Occupation
    I love being a night-owl but I have been in training for the last 10yrs to be a morning person.

Every once in a while I induldge my late-night tendencies and will peruse optiboard if I'm on the computer. Saw a couple names the other night....

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thirty years ago this is the life I pictured...

My "New Rule" is that I may log on after midnight but I will not post, ever, after midnight because I am a compulsive truthteller.:cheers:

Here's to the Optiboarder nightowls:cheers::cheers:

Occupation
    Uncle - you should see the thread about "drinking and posting" heheh

Occupation

Big Smile

It's late and I'm trying out Optiboard posting on my phone. A little slow but it works! I can now post mobile!

Thread Information