Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Post

On the Sunset Tour! Framebender's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Happy trails to you . . .

until we meet again!!

:cheers:
    Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady
    BMWs aren't known for their reliability.
    I was telling my wife that seriously just yesterday, but they provide the best service on your vehicle. I would still go with the Civic or a Saturn. I have owned a Porsche, an Acura, a Civic, and now drive a Saturn. I prefer the Saturn. Don't get me wrong my Porsche was a monster when it came to speed, but everytime I had to have work done to it, I neede a second mortgage. I bought a Saturn Ion fully loaded in 2003 and the thing still purrs and it's 5 speed so if I need that extra gusto I hjust drop a gear and gun it. It's not what you drive it's how you drive.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Banned
    Occupation
    Chevies are better than European cars.

Here Is a BMW story. Take a listen. This gets as funny as the Abbot and Costello whos's on first skit.

http://www.npr.org/templates/dmg/pop...48032&mtype=RM
    Last edited by gemstone; 05-09-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, but at $3.25/gal do any of your cars have gas in them?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car-smiley-003.gif  

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Last I filled up was $1.27 per litre..... whoa...

Funny, the gas prices here change by the hour.. No joke..really, they do..

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You actually filled up???? ;)

The other day I put $15 in because I wanted to get gas closer to home where it is $.25 less a gallon. It was actually almost funny to find out that was just about 1/4 of a tank. Geesh, I don't think it was too long ago that $15 was just over 1/2 a tank.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mitchell View Post
    but I'm just not interested in what the majority here is interested in.
    Can you tell us what it is that you’re interested in?

I've tried to suggest how you do that but no one listens
    Are you sure no one listens? To prove people are listening/reading, what do you want them to do, fully agree with you? This board has a wide range of diverse opinions and one can not expect to easily change them all.

I'm literally heading for the BMW dealership today because I produce. No joke, with the new raise it's 5-series time.
    I am not sure how a BMW 5 series can prove ones abilities on what they can produce. Seriously, think about it. I can go get a BMW right now if I wanted one and I am not working at the moment so how does that prove I can produce or just got a raise <--it makes no sense to me. I worked for a few people that had some money (lots of it and I mean lots), and I drove a better vehicle then they did and also owned more vehicles then they did. So, what does that prove? Proves that I enjoyed my vehicles and nothing more and they honestly could care less about what they were driving just as long as it got them to where they needed with no problems.

There is room for other opinions in our field but mine isn't welcome,
    If yours wasn't welcomed, I am dam sure that you would've been booted off Optiboard pretty quick. I've seen it happen. Also, I've had someone not liking my opinion when I first started with the board but did I take it personally? Nah, I'm still here, everyone has a right to their own opinion. What do I have to say to this "whoa is me" stuff you just typed about? Suck it up Princess is what I have to say. Its happened to me, I sucked it up!

it hurts peoples precious little feelings, despite the fact that I'm making more money for being an optician.
    Good luck and good bye.
    I honestly don't think it hurts anyone’s feelings, but that is my opinion. Besides, do you really know what these Optiboarders are making? Hell theres many successful people here that have several businesses, boats, AIRPLANES, multiple homes in different places, etc. Its not just money that gets these people to where they are... I agree with what Papa (HJ) said, "All that glitters is not gold." People are successful in other ways then money. Look at Harry C. I'm not saying that Harry doesn't make money. He is quite successful with the Optical life he has.. GOLDEN. Really, what Optical store would allow most of the stuff he is allowed to do?

Sorry Mr_Mitchell, I can't sit here and feel sorry for you about how you feel and making it your last post, there is nothing to be sorry about. But I will say if I have offended you in anyway, please accept my apology, I am not that kind of person.

Occupation

Mitchell

Your gone

So sad

I'm glad

Rep

P. S. It was only a matter of time before you insulted someone besides sales reps.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    Last I filled up was $1.27 per litre..... whoa...

Funny, the gas prices here change by the hour.. No joke..really, they do..
    I just HAD to comment on this one. Might seem abit off topic initially but I'll get to the relevant part.

Yep, they do change by the hour> Me, I fill up at lunchtime, every three days (or every two days if I can't keep my foot off the pin, cruise control on, and trac control off) because that's when gas is cheapest. I drive a daily round trip of approx 200 km. in my 2001 PT Cruiser. (Oh, did I mention, I love my car?) Do the math. Whoa, yep, you can add correctly. Yep, my fuel bill is astronomical comparitively speaking to most folks. BUT- I also work for what I consider the best dispensary and the best boss in the entire valley. I absolutely love where I work, and though I could probably work considerably closer to home, I choose not. Because my ethics are high, and are matched by my employer. Hubby and I aren't rich, and I know I'll never get rich doing what I'm doing. But, damn, I absolutely love my job and there's never a day that I can't drag my sorry behind out of bed to get there. Now, I could make more money and work closer to home. However, I really LOVE my job AND THAT CARRIES FAR MORE WEIGHT AND MEANING THAN BEING MISERABLE AND SHALLOW AND SUPERFICIAL in what could be a very cut-throat business. We get by. And we're happy. That's what counts. To me. But then again, I'm not everybody. My motto in life is 'to each his own'.

Mr. Mitchell has his own opinions and needs and wants from life. Its good that he's recognised this . We all agree to disagree from time to time. I'm sure he has some good solid ideas on how to make a bundle in the optical industry, and perhaps these ideas have worked for him. But they may not work for everybody. But heck, all the power to ya Mr. Mitchell for doing whatever it was that got you where you're at, and all the more good fortune in the future.

Cheers

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

He came in like a lamb..

Does everyone remember Mr. Mitchell's first post?

Please Mock My Ideas
    Views: 1,313
    Posted By Mr_Mitchell
    Please Mock My Ideas

Hi all. I was lucky to find this site and am looking forward to hearing your feedback on what I'm doing. Please don't pull punches; I'm in it to make money and my self-esteem is fine. Okay, here's...

Please don't pull any punches...

And then he leaves because we don't agree with him?

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I'm literally heading for the BMW dealership today because I produce. No joke, with the new raise it's 5-series time.
    Reminds me of a joke I once heard:
    Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
    A: The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Blue Jumper Buy used car.......................

There is room for other opinions in our field but mine isn't welcome, it hurts peoples precious little feelings, despite the fact that I'm making more money for being an optician.
    Good luck and good bye.
    How wrong you are................................

Your comments have been refreshing and smart.......however this is a forum where many opinions are posted and not everybody agrees with the other.

If I would be of the same opinion as you, as well as many others, we would have quit years ago, as well as many others who did and the rest who did not.

In my opinion you must be a a person that quits.......... if life does not go the way you think it should go.

Quitters are usually not the most successful people, so maybe you should head to the used car lot at the BMW dealer.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Forgive me Mr_Mitchell for I have sinned....

It has been many hours since my last post.

I am a lying incompetent Ford Ranger driving underpaid schmuck!

But- MY SCHMUCK IS STILL BIGGER THAN YOURS!

Oh wait--- that's for gun lovers.

Nevermind:o

Maybe Fezz can grant me absolution:cheers:

Occupation
    Optometrist
    You'll be back, "Mr. Mitchell".

You'll re-incarnate as "B.M.W./L.D.O/$$$".

Nobody quits the Optiboard.

Occupation

Blue Jumper Bmw.......................

When we were young and over in Europe we used to call the BMW:

BMW = Bavarian Manure Wagon

Occupation

Post Gone...................................

Last Post to Mr. Mitchell:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good bye and good luck Mr. negativity know it all. Can't know everything and still hope to learn.:hammer:

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Right, you win. I now have to post again in very simple inoffensive terms so the easily-upset can get my point.
    So here's what I said, in no particular order:
    It's WRONG that I'm getting paid more than many opticians who are more qualified than I.
    I am interested in seeing all opticians getting paid more, and since my methods seem to be working I thought they might be worth trying out. The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results...and I can quote years of posts about how we should get paid more based on "optical skills/knowledge." I even see a thread about commissions in which one person suggests you get a commission based on how happy a customer is. How do you measure that? A smile-o-meter?
    I'm indeed not interested in most of the discussions here because I learn more from books than posts of dubious veracity when it comes to optics, and there's a shortage of posts about how to make money other than asking your employer to increase your hourly wage.
    I obviously don't hate optiboard or feel slighted, or I wouldn't continue paying to subscribe.
    I like making money and I want more. As do most of you here. I've been riding the bus based on optician's wages and now that I've changed how I do things I'm happy as heck to be able to afford a nice car and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Even the people who are glad to see me gone are people I've learned from, and I'll continue reading here. The post wasn't meant to be as dramatic as it apparently seemed.
    Best wishes to all...except frame reps, ha.

Keep on truckin...
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    [quote=Mr_Mitchell;188162]I would suggest producing more money [quote]

Umm......... Last I checked it is illegal to do so.

Adam

Perhaps earn would have been a better word.

Keep on truckin...
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I obviously don't hate optiboard or feel slighted, or I wouldn't continue paying to subscribe.
    With all your big bucks you could have at least gone gold..... or was your lease return 5 series more than you expected?:D

Adam

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    Nobody will fault you when you come back- I couldn't leave for long.
    :cheers: :cheers:
    I'll bet a full case of +6.00 -2.25 Cr-39 lenses (yes, brand new!) that he's back before June. Anyone feeling lucky?

Oh Yeah!! I get to keep my lenses!!:cheers:

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh, Adam...you're the only thing that can keep me posting. You appear to be trying to be more of a jerk than me, only you're failing because you don't have the requisite intelligence to make being a jerk truly annoying.
    "Producing money" doesn't mean "producing currency." I realize you were being sarcastic, but that was a reach.
    As for going gold...There's nothing to be gained from that currently, though if you PM Steve I'm sure he'll tell you I asked him how to change to that despite the fact that it offers me nothing. He hasn't gotten back to me.
    Try harder, young man. One day you will graduate from ankle-biter to big dog.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh, Adam...you're the only thing that can keep me posting. You appear to be trying to be more of a jerk than me, only you're failing because you don't have the requisite intelligence to make being a jerk truly annoying.

Name-calling and innuendo are not appropriate uses of this forum.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Easy Go, Easy Come... in this case

Hi Everyone,

Its my first post. I have nothing to add to this discussion, I just figured I'd get my first one out of the way.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Welcome to Optiboard BMH...

Lots of things to learn from this place. Sit back and enjoy the ride...:cheers:

(holy, i beat Fezzy to the welcome. fezzy must be working, or does fezzy work)
    Last edited by Snitgirl; 05-14-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: to give fezz a hard time.. lol

Thread Information