Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Post

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Last Post

I've realized this board is predominantly made up of opticians who work for hourly wages. That's great.
    I support you and hope you all get paid what you're worth. I would like to keep contributing to optiboard (I assume the subscription is automatic), but I'm just not interested in what the majority here is interested in.
    I appreciate all the good advice here and can gain that advice without posting.
    As of today, I'm making more salary than a certain optiboarder who is my superior in every way when it comes to the technical aspects. That's wrong but then again it's just how it is.
    I wish you all the best and hope you're happy with your pay. If not, I would suggest producing more money rather than posting about how great you are with what I consider simple measurements, but so be it.
    I want money and I'm making money. I've tried to suggest how you do that but no one listens, you'd rather demand higher pay because you can use a PD stick.
    Steve, keep charging me for the subscription as I think this board is good for new opticians.
    I'm literally heading for the BMW dealership today because I produce.
    No joke, with the new raise it's 5-series time. Call me names, laugh, feel good about your mastery of frame-bending.
    I'm making money and tried to tell you how, no one listened.
    There is room for other opinions in our field but mine isn't welcome, it hurts peoples precious little feelings, despite the fact that I'm making more money for being an optician.
    Good luck and good bye.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You are the greatest of all times, we sure will miss you. You are the only one that seems to know how to make money at this. Who am I going to get all that great advice from now?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Mr_Mitchell,

Awesome news, I listen and enjoy what you have to say and absolutely enjoy your balls to the wall attitude. I have noticed that many times you will actually get chastised for the best posts and praised for the worst. Never did figure it out myself. Anyway, scoop by Shrewsbury and pick me up if your in the area, Mr. Beamer. :D
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sure going to miss all the beehive stirring up there pal.

I assume your getting that fancy BMW for our optical field trip to Pittsburgh!

I sure ain't taking the train! I'm sick of the tuck and roll routine!

Occupation
    Buy a Civic, stock pile your greenbacks, and start your own practice. Then you could come on here and really stir up the bees nest. Or stop and pick up Fezz in the BMW before you pick me up. :D

Oh, by the way Fezz, your tuck and roll is flawless.

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for all your posts and for sharing your perspective with us. I found your input valuable. Anything that challenges my assumptions and makes me think is something I welcome.

Enjoy the Beemer. :cheers:
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Optiboard Professional Bill West's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ho Hum!

Buy them for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth and keep the change. Blowhard!:cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Mr_Mitchell,

I have noticed a number of people over the years get turned off by negative comments they receive. Few people enjoy receiving these comments (many like serving them). Some people disappear as you annouced you will do and it really is a pity. Discourse creates conversation, which creates new ways of thinking. You are obviously passionate in your beliefs just as others are in theirs. As you can see you do have some fans here and likely you will find others over time. You also may change some of your thinking or find a way to meld with others thinking to make an even more prosperous, professional you.

I think you should reconsider this decision and remain an active member of the forum.

Doc

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryChiling View Post
    Buy a Civic, stock pile your greenbacks, and start your own practice.
    Then I think you might see a whole different type of post coming from Mr M.

Anyone want to wager on how long it will take before Mr. Mitchell comes out of Optiboard retirement? Judging from his posts, there's no way this guy will be able to sit on his hands while the optical world spins out of control.

Plus, if he's really an optician, he'll be too cheap to let his subscription investment go to waste.

Nobody will fault you when you come back- I couldn't leave for long.

:cheers: :cheers:

I'll bet a full case of +6.00 -2.25 Cr-39 lenses (yes, brand new!) that he's back before June. Anyone feeling lucky?

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DocInChina View Post
    Mr_Mitchell,

I have noticed a number of people over the years get turned off by negative comments they receive. Few people enjoy receiving these comments (many like serving them). Some people disappear as you annouced you will do and it really is a pity. Discourse creates conversation, which creates new ways of thinking. You are obviously passionate in your beliefs just as others are in theirs. As you can see you do have some fans here and likely you will find others over time. You also may change some of your thinking or find a way to meld with others thinking to make an even more prosperous, professional you.

I think you should reconsider this decision and remain an active member of the forum.

Doc
    Ditto

I'm not as eloquent as Doc. I find you have positively contributed to the board. however your final post makes you sound like a sore winner.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Bye bye. I think the air in here will now be a bit cooler. So who else now wants to brag about how much money they're making? Dimes to dollars I'm making way more than Mr. And I only drive a Sable!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill West View Post
    Buy them for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth and keep the change. Blowhard!:cheers:

you know, Bill - for once I'm in perfect agreement with you.:D
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    So who else now wants to brag about how much money they're making?!
    Looks like you answered your own question ...
    Dimes to dollars I'm making way more than Mr. And I only drive a Sable

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mitchell
    As of today, I'm making more salary than a certain optiboarder who is my superior in every way when it comes to the technical aspects. That's wrong but then again it's just how it is.
    It's not wrong, I am assuming you mean me. I don't make a ton of money where I work, but I get to take off when I want, I can watch my son in the back room and no one gets upset that I am bringing my child to work. I often take long lunches, and I am salary so I know my pay is never adversly affected, plus I get access to a lab to test out some of my crazy ideas and the CR-39 SFSV blanks are on the house (not too many), this to me is a dream job although at times I am tried. Your employer again has a good head on his shoulders, not many do so don't give that up.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    Looks like you answered your own question ...
    Also, dimes to dollars there's lots more here that make lots more than me.Check posts, this is the only time I've ever mentioned salary- Mr. mentions his all the time.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Since YOU brought up money

So who else now wants to brag about how much money they're making? Dimes to dollars I'm making way more than Mr. And I only drive a Sable!
    I would like to go on record as saying I work harder than all of you, my boy is smarter than yours, my wife is prettier than any, and she's a great mom to boot.

I drive a 1999 Ford Windstar that has rust holes in the (manual) sliding door, an inch of dust on the dashboard, a rear wiper that doesn't wipe, and an ashtray full of nickels and pennies.

I make less money than most of you, because although I work extremely hard, I often look at the wrong line on the PD stick, and instead of ordering seg hts at 16mm, they often come in at 21mm. Because I'm so inept, nobody would ever hire me, so I was forced to start my own business. I'm terrible at business, but I'm extremely cheap, so reps stopped coming around a long time ago and I was forced to look overseas for product.

Oh, I'm not a very sharp dresser either, but I wear nice socks.

Disclaimer: All of the above is accurate, except for the part about my son being the smartest. He just bought home a B+ on a math test, so that may knock him out of the running.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns
    but I wear nice socks.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Unfortunately, (or fortunately) the post in which he called half of us liars, and the remainder incompetent, has been removed. The post showed Mr Mitchell in a light which would have made belief in the post above impossible.I think he made the correct choice and left.

Should he come back to read what has been written here, I would leave him with one of the most important life lessons. "All that glitters is not gold."
    Last edited by hcjilson; 05-09-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: addendum
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I figured something happened behind the scene. I think that his 5 series beamer will be out of place in his neighborhood.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS View Post
    I think that his 5 series beamer will be out of place in his neighborhood.

Rumor has it that the rims have already vanished, the hood emblem is now a necklace and the paint job has been *tagged*.

He has enough salary for the car=Great

But, I hope he has enough salary for the insurance.

We miss you already Mitchy!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Unfortunately, (or fortunately) the post in which he called half of us liars, and the remainder incompetent, has been removed.

What about those of us ( you know who you are ) who are BOTH?

:D :cheers: :D

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    What about those of us ( you know who you are ) who are BOTH?
    Yeah...so what about us?

Occupation
    Lowly 5 series, not even an M5, you'd think he was talking about purchasing his a Jet. My little brother just purchased an LS, I cant decide which Lexus to drive in the morning one of them gets 13 MPG the other 18MPG but I think I like the navigation in the 13MPG car better for long trips.

Maybe I'll get me a 5 series for those long trips.

Seriously, I've worked with Ophthalmologists that make well over 3 Million a year some of which are probably on this board I know of an optom that probably wont get out of bed for $50K a day, he has 6 ODs and 3 MDs working for him and then we have a Lowly 5 Series too good to talk to us.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by braheem24 View Post
    Lowly 5 series, not even an M5, you'd think he was talking about purchasing his a Jet. My little brother just purchased an LS, I cant decide which Lexus to drive in the morning one of them gets 13 MPG the other 18MPG but I think I like the navigation in the 13MPG car better for long trips.

Maybe I'll get me a 5 series for those long trips.

Seriously, I've worked with Ophthalmologists that make well over 3 Million a year some of which are probably on this board I know of an optom that probably wont get out of bed for $50K a day, he has 6 ODs and 3 MDs working for him and then we have a Lowly 5 Series too good to talk to us.
    Mitchy forgot to mention that he will also be sleeping in his car. If he's step up to a 740 IL he'd sleep better. I could have sold him my old one.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mitchell View Post
    I'm literally heading for the BMW dealership today because I produce.
    No joke, with the new raise it's 5-series time.
    I'll be impressed only if you are paying cash for it. :) Oh, you might want to consider Acura or Lexus, BMWs aren't known for their reliability.

Thread Information