Thread: No Glasses from Great Glasses

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

No Glasses from Great Glasses

Hi everybody this is my first time Post.

As for my story I just recently went to 3 for 1 Great glasses to purchase some new frames and lenses, just to save a buck, hey cant turn down there $100.00 COUPON.

As for my story I have very bad eye sight My prescription below

OD +10.00 sphere,-225 Cylinder,120 Axis, +125 Add
    OS + 9.00 sphere,-125 Cylinder, 60 Axis, +125 Add

I did my research and found that Essilor carries a SV AS TL1.74 Crizal Alize for my prescription, hey I want the thinnest I can get, if anything better please let me know.

So I went to Great Glasses picked out 3 frames and asked for Essilor 1.74 Lenses. They said not a problem. I asked them to write it on the invoice that those are the lenses I will be getting. Paid with Visa a total of $754.00. One week wait.

That day I get a phone call saying that they cannot get my lenses, but they can get Nikon Lenses so I said OK if in 1.74 Index.

Half Hour later they call me and say they want an extra $300.00. I said No I felt I am being ripped off by now. I said I need my glasses.

Half later again they call and said that we cant even get the Nikon Lenses in your prescription. They said they stopped making the Essilor Lens 8 months ago in the 1.74 Index. So I said hold on and let me call Essilor. I was 4:00pm they said if we dont here from you by 5:00pm we are going to refund your money.

I called Essilor they said they do carry the lenses and asked for a fax of proof, My fax from Essilor showed they carried the lenses, so I faxed the copy before 5:00pm to Great Glasses saying hey you can get them.

Great Glasses called me back and said these lenses have to be made in Portugal and will take 3 weeks, plus they wanted now an extra $350.00 for each pair. Where is my 3 for 1 great glasses. $1800.00 fro three pairs somethings wrong.

Great Glasses later said we are just going to refund your money. I said dont do that I paid for the Frames at $259 I will Pick up the frames myself.

May 08,2007 I recieved in the mail my refund from the Visa, no explanation nothing but the Invoice.

Im stuck without Glasses any solutions, please help

If anybody knows better lenses for my prescription please let me know.

Glutknee

On the Sunset Tour! Framebender's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Angry I don't think . . .

consumers masquerading as people in the business are allowed in here. At least you were smart enough not to call yourself an Optician which I believe is a protected title in Canada.

Find yourself a real Optician and quit being so damn cheap!! You get what you pay for!!

:angry: :finger:
    Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

My Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Framebender View Post
    consumers masquerading as people in the business are allowed in here. At least you were smart enough not to call yourself an Optician which I believe is a protected title in Canada.

Find yourself a real Optician and quit being so damn cheap!! You get what you pay for!!

My Apologies I did not know I signed in as an Optician Just looking for help, its my first time on this sight. Just looking for help and answers.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    You may want to read up on this thread.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Framebender View Post

Yeah...what Framebender said.

You need to read the posting guidelines. You are a cheapskate liar, who is not following set guidelines.

Thread Information